• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

all planted,just hoping it grows.(need a name now)

Re: all planted,just hoping it grows.

hi nick,yeah arrived all good mate :D alot more than i expected.
i knew i missed someone off the thanks list so heres a big one just for you

THANKS MATE

cheers dave

Looking good dave, the blyxa will enjoy the TPN. Sorry about any stow away snails but they just can't resist a holiday.

All the best Tbro

a couple of days ago i added another 30w light to the tank and it seems the hc is responding to it well,some of the first stems i planted are starting to grow across the bottom rather than up(is this possible after only a couple of days or am i seeing it because i want to?)
added a fair amount of blyxa from steve2tanks and as the stems at the back of the tank reach the surface im cutting them halway down and replanting the tops to try and get them dencer/bushier.
got 11 embers the weekend as well and must say they are awsome little fish,they shoal really well.i think it may be the way the sae's chase eachother around that keep them nice and tight.

overall im very happy with how things are looking/working out so far,be even happier once the hc does its thing.

one thing that i am a little concerned about is the parvula,its sending out runners and growing but its growing corkscrew like rather than up like grass.

i'll get some pics up later when the water clears after the planting.

cheers dave

heres the pics

full tank,i moved the nana all into one area but may move it again because im not sure i like it where it is now.
IMG_0048.jpg

right hand side,looking at the wood now im thinking it needs something growing on it to blend it in a bit,origanaly i wanted it as a dominent feature but now im not so sure.
IMG_0051.jpg

left hand side,all the nana all grouped together
IMG_0052.jpg

hc :D
IMG_0049.jpg

and finally the parvula that im a bit concerned about
IMG_0050.jpg

is this normal growth?

cheers dave
comments and critism welcomed(good or bad)

i was going to trim the hc at the weekend and replant the tops,im pretty sure it is due to the lighting that alot of it has gone straggly but now with the additional tube im hoping it does ok.
thanks for the info on the parvula wasnt sure if it was ok,when i got it it was upright like grass and after cutting it down and planting it and seeing it grow like it is i was a bit concerned.

TDI-line said:
Looks great Dave, you must be pleased. :D

pleased is an understatement,just want to get the stems denser and something on the wood on the left then i'll be even happier.

cheers dave

how did you tie the moss on? with a net or fishing line?

looks lush mate, nice one. :D

i used fishing line,flurocarbon to be exact,it doesnt refract the light so goes pretty near invisible under water.

cheers dave

Love it, dave. How come your blyxa looks loads better than mine :?: I definatley think blyxa enjoys regular replanting.
Interested to see if the drop-kick marisella grows ;)

Regards T

thanks TBRO,the leaves on the blyxa i had of you started to shread just after planting but as soon as they settled they started growing again,the leaves on the second load i planted have stopped shreading now so hopefully they'll grow as well,just looks un sightly ay the mo with bits of leaf and filaments everywhere.

i'll keep ya up dated on the marisella....lol

cheers dave

thanks dan,i dont trim it as such,just pinch of any stray bits that look out of place.when it first starting growing not long after being tied on i just left it till it looked a mess then went at it with the scissors to get it in shape but since then like i say i just pinch out any stray bits.

cheers dave

got a new tank the weekend,well new to me anyway,the bow front just wasnt doing it for me so a look on ebay resulted in me buying a fluval roma 240 that has only ever been filled one then drained,it came with some marine bits skimmer etc but after selling the bow front and the marine bits it only cost me £40 :D

it came with a 305 filter that im using alonside my aqua one and getting 2125 lph acording to the stickers and my dc went green in about 1.5hrs compared to the 3ish hrs it took in the bow front at the same bps so im pretty sure ive got circulation sorted.

i cut my hc into individual stems again(bit dis-heartning because it was just starting to take off) so im hoping it takes hold and starts growing again and put the wood and plants back in pretty much the same way as it was in the old tank.because the tank is deeper than the old one im looking out for another bit of wood to fix to the top of the bit on the right side of the tank to heighten it with some branches that i can attach moss to if that makes sense.

the stems on the left hand side of the tank are a work in progress as they grow im going to be cutting them down and re-planting them to try and get them dense then im going to try and shape them like in saintlys MA scape.

anyway heres a couple of pics of how it is at the moment,ignore the background its what came with the tank and will be changed soon :p

IMG_0068.jpg

left side
IMG_0070.jpg

right side
IMG_0069.jpg

comments and critism welcome

cheers dave

not really an update as such but i thought i'd get some pics of my new wood up :D

the new wood that has replaced the old stump i had,the branch coming of the left was fixed and then moss tied around the join and along the top to tie it in with the wood on the left side of the tank.
IMG_0080.jpg

just a closer look at the wood/join
IMG_0084.jpg

looking forward to the moss growing in like on the piece on the left
IMG_0081.jpg

im really pleased with the effect/impact it has on the tank.

comments and critism welcome

cheers dave

ps.gotta think of a name now that it is growing,any ideas?

things have changed a little since last time i posted about my tank,
firstly ive started EI dosing,all i can say is wow :woot: ,just wish id started from the very start but hey we all live and learn.
secondly things are starting to look how i invisaged(sorry english was never my strong point..lol) them :D .
thirdly theres been a couple of things changed in the tank plants moved added etc..
fourthly(is that actually a word??)ive now got a 2x54w hagen glo t5.
and lastly ive now got 10 congo's,imo some of the most pretty fish around.

anyway on with some pics.

right hand side

IMG_0096.jpg

and left

IMG_0097.jpg

the little bit of hc that actually survived all the upheaval of adding the new wood is actually spreading

IMG_0098.jpg

and finally what i see when im sat at my computer :D

IMG_0099.jpg

id just like to thank everyone who's helped out with advice,plants etc :thumbup: ,you've made me realise my dream tank can be a reality.

comments and critism always welcomed

cheers dave

Looks great Dave, love the Congos. EI seems to be doing the biz, might givi it a try. Nice work -Tom

Back