• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What kelvin is best ?

sgl101

What kelvin rating is best for plants ?

or do plants adapt to available light ?

When i was keeping a reef the higher the kelvin (20000K Blue) the better the colour but slower the growth

and (10000K more White) the faster the growth but the corals would give less colour.

so i used a mix of both but some people just went in the middle and used 14000k

what im asking is... is there a specific kelvin rating used for plants or is intensity more important ??

Regards Steve

As far as I'm aware the kelvin rating doesn't affect the plants ability to grow and utilise the light.
The only thing is affects is how the plants appear to you

Hi

Thanks

im new on here and just getting my way around, used search facility and found all i need to know

Regards Steve

As many people say the Kelvin rate is just good for our eyes, but i guess for a good start you can always start with 6500K or day light , me i have been using 1 actinic for early in the morning from 7 am to 9 am and from 7 pm to 9 pm one 12000k one 10000k and one 4100k from 8am to 8pm, and i have very good result , you can always start with the 6500k and you can experiment with different Kelvin grades in reality the plants will tell you if they light is good for them.

Regards from Monterrey Mexico

Back