• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light with Weather effects and area control

Mortis

Hi all,
I remember seeing a thread with a video a couple of years ago (pre covid !) of a new fancypants aquarium light (large tank luminaire) that had control of dimming of almost the entire set of LEDS individually and it also had weather and lightning effects. the Light was a thin flat silver coloured one. Can someone help me out with a name ? I dont really want the light, I just remembered it a few days ago and its bothering me :p. Couldnt find it with the search function. Any help would be aprreciated.

I think you mean the German made light that I think looks like this?
LUPYLED:.

1474534991.jpg

Last edited:
I think you mean the German made light that I think looks like this?
LUPYLED:.

1474534991.jpg

Yes ! This is the one ! I remember maybe the intro video for this light was over a shop or gallery tank and maybe presented by Chris Lukhaup or something. Thanks for solving the mystery !

My fluval lights have weather effects, storm, etc.

Ah I just wanted to know which light it was out of curiosity nothing more. We dont really need these effects and as such Im happy with my 8 year old DIY fixture which I recently upgraded

I think you’re remembering the one at the now dead panta rhei shop?

Ah I just wanted to know which light it was out of curiosity nothing more. We dont really need these effects and as such Im happy with my 8 year old DIY fixture which I recently upgraded
Yea having every cluster addressable and every channel within a cluster addressable as well made my head spin as to how to program it.
Farthest to date DIY related to it was a "thought experiment" using a DMX controller and stage floods of the RGBA variety..
The RGB floods were actually cheap but I tried to get RGBA. Our conversation broke down at that point.. :)
Kessils DMX..

Maybe ? I dont know what that is

Yeah unnecessary complexity leads to...... unnecessary complexity

I think you’re remembering the one at the now dead panta rhei shop?
Maybe ? Do you have a video for that ? Maybe it was presented by Chris Lukhaup or Oliver Knott in an interview style and they were showing off the light features and effects over a planted tank

Yea having every cluster addressable and every channel within a cluster addressable as well made my head spin as to how to program it.
Farthest to date DIY related to it was a "thought experiment" using a DMX controller and stage floods of the RGBA variety..
The RGB floods were actually cheap but I tried to get RGBA. Our conversation broke down at that point.. :)
Kessils DMX..

Yeah man unnecessary complexity leads to ..... unnecessary complexity.

Back