• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My real ADA 60pxd, Scapers tank 55 and UNS60f hobby return.

image.jpg

Occasionally, I’m competent enough that it could pass as knowing what I’m doing.

Last edited:
B1301665-9194-4FEA-B49E-D64BC93942AD.jpeg

I got a new fancy boy light.
It produces what I can only describe as an imperial duck tonne of light. Also, the app makes sod all sense and I am a man of little patience for technology.

new fancy boy light also shows just how much staghorn the old lights, let’s say, dodgy, light spread was being hiding. I think I need to have a good hard look at that before too long before my nice tank turns into a algae farm.

The lily seem to like the new light, from 0 to pearling in about 30mins of use.
image.jpg

Thanks.
I need to paint to background a deep purple grey for what I’ve got in mind. But as far as the bare bones go, I’m pretty pleased.

Wouldn’t you rather try a purple led strip with a milky foil or something?

I often see old tanks for sale with painted or glued on backgrounds and then I kinda wish they hadn’t done that. Seems like a waste of capital.

Wouldn’t you rather try a purple led strip with a milky foil or something?

I often see old tanks for sale with painted or glued on backgrounds and then I kinda wish they hadn’t done that. Seems like a waste of capital.
Ahhh
I mean.
I’m not insane…

I have a board behind the tank with a 5mm gap that will allow me to slide different coloured mount boards in for… drama.

Another day another bout of gardening.
I got my hands on the Pogostemon I’d anticipated using so tore out the filler HM/HG, and thinned the rotala. I also cut away all the old leaves of c helfri, as many bolbitis and Java leaves as I could take before my hands started to get itchy.

I bought another pot of chai to try, I’ll use c petchi pink if it doesn’t work again.

I had a spare pot of hairgrass so bulked up there too.

All the crypts I planted in the midground are starting to show up. I had started to think I’d been too rough when trimming them back to bare root bundles.
That’s it for today. I should probably chill out on the updates but I’m off work and need something that’s not a chore to fill my time.
ADD9A4B4-F236-4017-BAE4-0714276890F9.jpeg

The little pops of pink plants are really stunning 🤩
I dont often see people successfully using H. chai, I wonder if its because its not common here yet or because it is just very difficult?

The little pops of pink plants are really stunning 🤩
I dont often see people successfully using H. chai, I wonder if its because its not common here yet or because it is just very difficult?
Yeah, I’ll be sad if the pink doesn’t survive, it’s something I’ve had in mind for the planting from the minute water met wood to give a spring time feeling.

I suspect it’s the latter. It’s a bit of a tulip collectors plant and reacts poorly to poor horticulture in my experience with it thus far.

Nice H. chai. They look nice and large rather than tiny Tissue culture specimens so it should be easier to grow them.

I’m also considering a mugging of corys.
If they weren’t pandas, I’d call them bandits.

Shortlisting the schoolers.
Originally I was going to go for neons and embers.
But I want to go for embers in the 60f, so they’re off the list.
An’, I was going to move the neons to get some tucanos, only they were so sad and beaten up by a Limia they gave me the 4 tailless little guys just out of guilt so that’s not happening anytime soon.

So I went back to the Amano books and I think my shortlist is:
Big fish:
Pristella tetra
Yellow phantom tetra
Hemmigramus pulcher
Maybe like 10-12 of each?
Little fish:
Gold tetra
Glow light tetra
Kerri tetra “blue”
Hyphessobrycon melanostichos (my favourite but rare)
Maybe like 15-20 of each?

Card board box
Pure luck
Maybe just the one.

Attachments

• B0C4796E-612E-4020-9D88-EEC22BDB422E.jpeg
    B0C4796E-612E-4020-9D88-EEC22BDB422E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 94
Do you plan to put these fish in the 60p?

If so I guess I would go for one species only. Like the gold tetra, it looks great. But I have never kept any of these fish.

Did you consider Cochu's blue tetra? One time I saw those at the shop and they were very pretty.

Do you plan to put these fish in the 60p?

If so I guess I would go for one species only. Like the gold tetra, it looks great. But I have never kept any of these fish.

Did you consider Cochu's blue tetra? One time I saw those at the shop and they were very pretty.

I did, bearing in mind its 95ish litres I figured more of a community than the typical 20 tetras would be more interesting though I have to admit, even then I'm likely being "ambitious" on stocking levels.
I had but it's hard to get unless I'm more patient. inpaichthys kerri is on my list too but sizing varies wildly with some saying 6cm and others 3.5. the dwarf blue tetra also almost made the list. The more unusual the tetra the more sweet talking of my fish dealer man or patient I need to be.
What I was thinking of was a less showy fish, something small and twinkly almost. The kind of fish you imagine would be catching the light in a sparkling brook.

Back