• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's entering ADA IAPLC 2009?

right after fiddling with camera i have found a half decent picture. the scape is still rubbish and i havent done any trimming for it, havent even taken out the spraybars but i just want some feedback. plus i gota keep the UK entries up!

come on guys, if i can enter a scape, so can all of you. feedback from judges is awesome.

I'm entering - a glutton for punishment you may say, as I've ranked consistantly lower every year! :lol:

775th in 2007, 898th in 2008. So if my maths serves me correct I reckon I'll be around 1012st going on the current trend.

So I'll be happy with 1011st or higher... :D :D :D

Nick16 - Unfortunately with the IAPLC, you only see the feedback from the judges if you rank relatively highly. Not that I'm saying you won't, but just in case.

You do see judge's feedback in the AGA contest though, whatever your entry.

George Farmer said:
I'm entering - a glutton for punishment you may say, as I've ranked consistantly lower every year! :lol:

775th in 2007, 898th in 2008. So if my maths serves me correct I reckon I'll be around 1012st going on the current trend.

So I'll be happy with 1011st or higher... :D :D :D

Nick16 - Unfortunately with the IAPLC, you only see the feedback from the judges if you rank relatively highly. Not that I'm saying you won't, but just in case.

You do see judge's feedback in the AGA contest though, whatever your entry.
ahh i didnt realise that. looking at my IAPLC book, i see what you mean. looks like i will have to gear towards the AGA contest then.

Was on course to enter but last week my regulator messed up big time, killed all my fish and now im growing some superb examples of algae. :rolleyes:

Good luck to those who enter.

i'm guessing that because my MA scape was published in PFK, that cant be entered?....so i've got "the henge" which could go in, or "the Miracle Mire" or even "Prairie Lands" then there's "pastel shades"

AGA i may go for, how many scapes can you enter?

10 entries from the UK this year more than I thought would enter judging by this thread + 1 straggler/loner from Ireland :) quite a large number of entries overall, it gets bigger every year.

http://en.iaplc.com/results09/

Who won last year, is there a site where i can see the winning scapes?

Just looked at the top 25, im not just saying this, but saintlys "the henge", "miracle mire" and georges "english summer" are better than half of those, they really dont inspire me at all, whereas the first time i looked at english summer, the henge and miracle mire it just made me want to start planting, those top 25 dont hack it for me at all.

AdAndrews said:
Just looked at the top 25, im not just saying this, but saintlys "the henge", "miracle mire" and georges "english summer" are better than half of those, they really dont inspire me at all, whereas the first time i looked at english summer, the henge and miracle mire it just made me want to start planting, those top 25 dont hack it for me at all.

the judging is strange at times, English summer came close to 900 :wideyed:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3344

aaronnorth said:
Look out for UK's Andy Mac from the TGM team. Rumour is higher than 20th...

aye, he did well last year... i never got to see his tank though :(

AdAndrews said:

http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/AD ... index.html

Andy is one of the nicest people I know and so is his perfect assistant ( his wife ). He is an artist by trade and a fantastic one too. Ive seen this tank in the flesh and its brilliant, great depth and interests.

I remember Jim at TGM saying about Andy and every one getting all up tight about who he might be. Well he smoked us all last year, so we best watch out tails, because he is really good and ive seen what hes entering 8)

Graeme Edwards said:
aaronnorth said:
Look out for UK's Andy Mac from the TGM team. Rumour is higher than 20th...

AdAndrews said:

http://www.thegreenmachineonline.com/AD ... index.html

Andy is one of the nicest people I know and so is his perfect assistant ( his wife ). He is an artist by trade and a fantastic one too. Ive seen this tank in the flesh and its brilliant, great depth and interests.

I remember Jim at TGM saying about Andy and every one getting all up tight about who he might be. Well he smoked us all last year, so we best watch out tails, because he is really good and ive seen what hes entering 8)

cool, is he a member of this forum? I cant remeber the discussions we had last year, it doesnt seem like 2minutes either!

Dan Crawford said:
aaronnorth said:
It's been here since October mate....
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3344
Graeme Edwards said:
Andy is one of the nicest people I know and so is his perfect assistant ( his wife ).
Here here!

and i have just provided a link to that thread too :oops: :lol:
thanks Dan!

AdAndrews said:
Just looked at the top 25, im not just saying this, but saintlys "the henge", "miracle mire" and georges "english summer" are better than half of those,

:wideyed: cheers Ad, to be put in the same league as George sure means a lot. I never consider myself to be good enough to enter comps and stuff.

but in all honesty, the top 10 scapes in IAPLC are brilliant.

I'm giving myself a bit more time, then I'm going for it in my 120cm ;) i just gota save for "top notch" hardscape...that ADA stuff aint cheap :p

Forget the hardscape additions Mark. Your skills are in the plant choices and positioning. Anyone can buy hardscape, a few can get the hardscape right. Not many can envision the way the plants will fit like you do.

AC

Back