• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

java plants customer services

andy

Thought i'd give Java plants a go for the first time. Ordered the plants 2 weeks ago and they arrived today. They should've been here last week according to their delivery instructions and even taking into consideration the bank holiday, i should've had them by wednesday last week.

So i contacted them via their website last thursday....nothing. I contacted them by phone last friday, leaving my name and contact no.....nothing and i contacted them by their website again yesterday, still noting !!!!

The plants have arrived, i ordered 25 Rotala Indica which are nice but i also ordered 25 heteranthera which were no bigger than 3"....some were broken and they were not very good at all. They went straight in the bin.

Another email...still nothing.

is this company really this bad ?

Andy

Hi
i used them once last year waste of space absolutley rubbish imo,regards john.

well...a bit of an update on this. I still haven't heard from Java despite countless attempts at contacting them via phone and email.

But today, another box of Rotala and Heteranthera arrived....in exactly the same condition as the first lot (Rotala was good, heteranthera is crap)

Im going to give up now :lol:

andy

The only online shop I'd use for plants, beyond AE and TGM, is Greenline. I have had a fair bit from them over the years and I have not been able to fault the quality or size/quantity of anything they have sent me. The rest have had massively mixed reviews across lots of forums and I'm not willing to part with my cash in their direction.

I've had some HZ from them and like yourself, it wasn't in the best condition. One thing for that plant though it can take a real beating and still come back very healthy and lush once it's planted

Guys, it's clear you all have issues with Java plants, but I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread :)

To quote their website:

We are so confident in the methods of our packaging and the total quality of our plants, we UNIQUELY offer in the unlikely event that you are not entirely satisfied with ANY purchase from Java a NO quibble MONEY BACK GAURANTEE on return of purchase. We will also go a step further than the rest and PAY FOR THE POSTAGE BACK TO US AS WELL.

Now, I realise if they won't respond to your emails or phone calls then the above isn't going to do much good. It might be worth looking at Trading Standards if you're talking a good amount of money. They claim to send out 1st class, the following week (if ordered before 4pm on Thursdays).

I assume this means they take all the orders up untill that point, and order from their supplier (probably in malaysia or similar) and ship them out when they arrive the following week. To my mind, that means the plants have probably already been in transit for several days before hitting the UK, where they likely spend another few days in the post.

I don't know if this is exactly correct, but the purchasing/delivery policy seems to suggest this to me.

Anyway, my advice would be to keep trying to contact them about their no quibble refund, although they want a "return of purchase" before that happens. Just bare that in mind!

I placed an order on the first, which did not show up, emailed customer service and received a reply in seven minutes - my plants arrived this morning, in good nick!

I think you're spot on about the delivery Steve. I've used Java Plants about 4 or 5 times over the last couple of years and thankfully I've had nothing but great service from them, good quality plants and delivered inline with the policy stated on the website. As long as you order by 4pm on I think a Thursday they have always been delivered by the following Wednesday. :D Keep trying guys.

nry said:
The only online shop I'd use for plants, beyond AE and TGM, is Greenline. I have had a fair bit from them over the years and I have not been able to fault the quality or size/quantity of anything they have sent me. The rest have had massively mixed reviews across lots of forums and I'm not willing to part with my cash in their direction.

I used Greenline once. They were wonderful - fab plants, quick delivery. The next time I went to their site they were closing down...... Sorry to put a dampener on things

I had poor plants from Java but didn't complain - I'm terrible for just accepting things the way they are

Ive had a couple of plant collections from java plants before.
They where in fairly good condition, a few plants suffered each time but on the whole they where very good. THey also sent another cllection a week later BOTH times, so i got 4 collections for the price of 2! I ordered 2 4 footer colections and ended up with 3 collections in the tank and split one up between other tanks because i had to many. this was a long time ago though, maybe 3 years or so :p

Greenline were my supplier of choice, too, until flooding wiped them out. I see, though that they are up and running again. Andy has passed the business on, but it's still run by his family. As soon as their stock is back into shape I'll be going back to them. I've used Aqua Essentials twice and on both ocassions, the plants arrived next morning - very good condition and quality, too.

vinylman said:
Greenline were my supplier of choice, too, until flooding wiped them out. I see, though that they are up and running again. Andy has passed the business on, but it's still run by his family. As soon as their stock is back into shape I'll be going back to them. I've used Aqua Essentials twice and on both ocassions, the plants arrived next morning - very good condition and quality, too.

I'm very glad they're returning. I just checked out their site and they do indeed have plants listed. I do hope they start stcking more again, I was so pleased when I shopped with them before

Apologies to the OP for going off-topic :)

Back