• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Biomaster 350 for 250l tank?

Ash6526

Hey guys, looking to pick your brains. I am soon going to set up by 250l high tech tank and was wondering if I could get away with just an oase biomaster 350 thermo with an eheim 350 skimmer for extra flow? I do have an oase biomaster 850 which I used to run along side the 350 on my discus tank but I find the 850 to be quite noisy so trying to see if I can get away without using it.
Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

It will depend on stocking level, but I would say it would be fine in a densely planted setup. Extra flow can be achieved with powerheads or skimmers etc.

Nothing wrong with giving it a go, you always have the 850 if it's really needed.

Personally I’d consider the 850 minimum on a 250 litre tank, even that might not cut it for high tech, thought the skimmer might help (just don’t get the Eheim death trap, get the APS Skim-2).

I run an 850 on a tank half that size, and it’s just about enough - and my tanks more medium-tech than high tech. If was running canisters on a proper high tech 250 litre, I’d be looking at 2x 850’s personally.

EDIT: The above is in reference to achieving sufficient flow. As John says you can supplement flow with power heads/flow pumps instead.

Personally I’d consider the 850 minimum on a 250 litre tank, even that might not cut it for high tech, thought the skimmer might help (just don’t get the Eheim death trap, get the APS Skim-2).

I run an 850 on a tank half that size, and it’s just about enough - and my tanks more medium-tech than high tech. If was running canisters on a proper high tech 250 litre, I’d be looking at 2x 850’s personally.

EDIT: The above is in reference to achieving sufficient flow. As John says you can supplement flow with power heads/flow pumps instead.
I could use the 850 alongside the 350 I just get annoyed with the hum of the 850 😅 if I were to use both filters where is best to place lily pipes? Opposite corners? Only thing that’s worries me is the tall stem plants at the back will get hit full blast if I place pipes there and lean sideways 😂

Which for me defeats the idea of hi tech if you’re adding ugly pumps to the tank.

I don’t disagree, I hate seeing any gear in tank - but something small of stature like AI Nero 3 arguably take up less room than a second filter inflow and outflow. Either way it’s better than seeing loads of algae due to poor CO2 distribution

Back