• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tonys 'Peacocks Crypt' - The End

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite (now featuring hardscape !)

Now that is inspiring! I've got to get myself that kinda setup!

Well done aquascaper!

Thanks guys and gals :D

I know what you mean about the rocks. I think if I'd have had one more slightly bigger one that would have helped, but they are going to be pretty much covered up once its grown in, so I'm not too worried, and I'll probably tweak them a bit when I plant it :D

As for the Manzanita wood, there wasnt enough to do what I wanted, so I'll save it until we get some more and use it in the next set up.

More substrate James - now that I can do :D :D :D

Macro schmacro Dave :lol: Maybe after I've roadtested one ;) Planting plan has been mentioned, but is still a little vague, except for lots of mosses and bolbitis on the woods - thoughts and suggestions welcome ;) :D

Cheers

Tony

forget that stuff about the rocks mate, trust me, your planting choice can change everything. leave the hardscape as it is and choose wisely with plants. and don't ruin that layout because you'll start changing and questioning your self....don't do it! ;)

if needs be, sit with it for a couple of weeks. if you can get aquajournals nature book 1 and 3 for inspiration or even better just check out amanos work online. ada catalogues (nameley the 06' one) are great too.

in and around that wood would be a great home for some crypts sp. ;) tenellus would rung rings around you in a set up like that although it is possible (amano does it) etc etc....

just live with it for a bit mate :D

That looks AWESOME, some of the best hardscape i've ever seen. Your plant choice is perfect, i can see big things for this one mate, no pressure :D
I have some wicked Bolbitis which i'll put up tomorrow, i'm selling on behalf of a friend and no messin, it's the biggest and best i've ever seen, just holla if you want some.

saintly said:
just live with it for a bit mate

Thanks mark - thats the plan :D I'm set on the bolbitis / mosses look, and like what I've seen of Monosolenium tenerum but dont know much about it yet. I'm not a huge fan of crypts on their own, as you can see 'through' them too much, but like them when they're in amongst something like e.tennelus or acicularis.

George Farmer said:
Sexy wood you got there, Tony!
Looks familiar and pre-soaked already eh?!
Well done mate. Should be a real cracker.

Cheers George ( and welcome back :D ) ! I can't say I was disappointed when you decided not to use it ;) :D I'm going to start spraying the wood today to try and keep some moisture in there, though I think it might have dried out alot already. Time for some hefty weights, and slow filling :D

Dan Crawford said:
That looks AWESOME, some of the best hardscape i've ever seen. Your plant choice is perfect, i can see big things for this one mate, no pressure

Easy Dan - I've got to get through the door you know :lol: Thanks mate :D I've PM'd ya re the bolbitis - sounds perfect.

Cheers

Tony

Tonser said:
Cheers George ( and welcome back :D ) ! I can't say I was disappointed when you decided not to use it ;) :D I'm going to start spraying the wood today to try and keep some moisture in there, though I think it might have dried out alot already. Time for some hefty weights, and slow filling :D
Thanks mate.

I'm glad the wood has gone to a good home. It was too big for the TGM tank but looks perfect in yours... :D

hi,
perfect,just perfect.the long wait seem's worth while now :D .

That hardscape really is, sexy!!
really nice placement of the wood. Good stuff

Re: Tonsers 200L Optiwhite

Tonser said:
Optiwhite8_MUS1388.jpg

Cheers

Tony

Where did you get the inpiration for this Tony? 8) lol.

Looks ace mate, I realy like the dramatic wood. You have also done well with your fossilised wood, not an easy rock to work with, but brilliant if you get it right.

You have done the easy bit, now to the next tricky step, planting...............

Well done mate, you should be happy with that! :D

nelson said:
perfect,just perfect.the long wait seem's worth while now
Sure does Nelson, just got to add a plant or two now :wideyed:

JamesM said:
Can't wait to see this planted
Me too James :lol:

jay said:
That hardscape really is, sexy!!
really nice placement of the wood. Good stuff
Lisa_Perry75 said:
Loving. It.
Joecoral said:

Pleased you guys like it too :D

Graeme Edwards said:
Where did you get the inpiration for this Tony? lol.

Not sure what you mean Graeme :lol:

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and all that, so thanks for the inspiration :D I'm really pleased with it so far, but am planting it up tomorrow or Friday, and I'm nervous as hell after the reception the hardscape has got :lol:

If I dont post for a while you can assume it looked rubbish :lol:

I can say I hate it and it's horrible and even when planting it'll be horrible if it'll make you less nervous? :twisted: :lol:

I don't think you'll have too much trouble, what are your plans for plants? I know you're intending on using bolbitis, what other plants are tickling your fancies?

Graeme said:
Where did you get the inspiration for this Tony? :lol: .
I did say you should get some close-ups of the big'un online, Graeme :)

Tony, this is incredible hardscape. I've been kidding myself I'll be able to do a good job on my first try, but really, this is just so outstanding, I realise it'll take me an age to get to even an acceptable standard. I was wowed by the detailing on Graeme's tank and by the look of things, he could have set a whole new UK standard.

Respect, chaps!

paul.in.kendal said:
Graeme said:
Where did you get the inspiration for this Tony? :lol: .
I did say you should get some close-ups of the big'un online, Graeme :)

Tony, this is incredible hardscape. I've been kidding myself I'll be able to do a good job on my first try, but really, this is just so outstanding, I realise it'll take me an age to get to even an acceptable standard. I was wowed by the detailing on Graeme's tank and by the look of things, he could have set a whole new UK standard.

Respect, chaps!

I just dont get enough time to get creative with the photos of my 1800L, its work after all, and I have to prioritise. If It was at home, you might of been able to see some more shots.

Thats a hell of a statement Paul and im more than flattered you have said that, but well chuffed too, I'd like to think your right.

Tony - Moss it up big guy!
Cheers.

I was wowed by the detailing on Graeme's tank and by the look of things, he could have set a whole new UK standard.
The truth.

Tonser said:
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and all that, so thanks for the inspiration :D I'm really pleased with it so far, but am planting it up tomorrow or Friday, and I'm nervous as hell after the reception the hardscape has got :lol:
And there's me thinking you were copying my layout!! Or was I really copying Graeme's anyway... :D

Whatever, it's top notch so far, Tony.

UKAPS Baby!!

Back