• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: saintly's son try's his hand

What are you planning plant wise? I over ordered on hc and under ordered on crypts lol

nice job on the luminaire support,i'd hang fire on reducing the height till youve worked under it,personally i had my halides suspended from the ceiling when i had my reef and even with the lights as high as i could get them it was still too hot/uncomfortable to work under them for any more than 5 mins without a break but i had 2 250w and didnt turn them of when doing maintenence,had to wear gloves to move them up where they were hot but they were the older arcadia ones so the newer ones may run cooler.

cheers dave

soton_dave said:
nice job on the luminaire support,i'd hang fire on reducing the height till youve worked under it

very true mate, I am waiting until its planted and running for a few weeks. any way i've got my plant order in now, so anyone wanting to follow the progress of this, i'm continuing with this on APC forums or AW forums 8)

Yeah, how comes not a journal here mark? I'm not a member there...

a couple of shots, no amazing photography skills here....it's even out of focus, hey ho

there's a gamble or 2 in this tank, but i need to learn one or 2 things and choosing "trendy" plants isnt going to help me learn. but there a couple of "common" plants in their 8)

the focal point is Alternanthera rosaefolia....

directly after planting

_MG_1841-01.jpg

_MG_1842-02.jpg

stems anyone?..... :p

_MG_1839-01.jpg

Best get them scissors out! love it mark, I'm sure it'll be a cracker.

Garuf said:
love it mark, I'm sure it'll be a cracker.

cheers mate, i'm quite pleased with it. the lighting is stunning....such an even spread, and to be able to see everything without something obstructing the view is great too. 8)

i just need to get my glass inlet from mums and i'm away

_MG_1847-01.jpg

You're a lucky man, I'd love to run metal halide.
It looks good, I'm envious, c'mon you're not going to tease use with the pictures and not show us a frontal shot are you?

My mistake! I thought there was no water in it and totally dismissed it! Now that surely says a lot about the quality of the products you're using.

Garuf said:
! I thought there was no water in it and totally dismissed it!

that photo was literally after filling. the nature soil so clean. i'm just glad to have a scape of my own to nurse :D

haha. I know the feeling mate, I'm loving having my 60cm actually doing stuff, it's so good. Are you doing the EI everyday water change diet plan too?

Garuf said:
Are you doing the EI everyday water change diet plan too?

i'm doing my usual routine mate. i'm just looking forward to a ton of trimming and learning.

very nice,used to love the dappling effect the halides gave on my reef so can imagine how nice it must look in a planted tank.
looking forward to seeing this grow if your MA scape is anything to go by.

cheers dave

rawr said:
I hope your son's up to the job! :lol:

i reckon so, good scape for a 3 year old :p

soton_dave said:
looking forward to seeing this grow if your MA scape is anything to go by.

cheers bud. :D

i've switched the light on this morning, and it almost looked like the tank was empty of water, it's pretty clear ;)

here's this morning.

garuf! theres some juncus in the back of this. i'm interested to see how it looks.

_MG_1860-01.jpg

Back