• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IDTV

dean

Hi all
As most of us in uk are looking to try to save money where we can at the moment I’ve been told to ditch sky and get a firestick and pay the annual fee to use IDTV saving over £1000 per year

Does anyone currently use IDTV and is it a good swap for sky ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been using IPTV with a firestick for about 5 years now to watch Portuguese and UK channels, costs me 35 euros a year for the full package or just 20 euros if you just want one country! I have sent a stick to my sister, my dad, my cousin.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I run a Plex server and even found a way to convert the IPTV channels into a LiveTV/DVR so then I can just use one App to view it all, on my smart TV without the need for the Firestick!

I find that the Portuguese channels work 100% all the time, the UK is hit and miss, there is another IPTV service for around £60 a year that my mate uses that UK channels work just fine ;) (I can provide details via PM if you need it, not happy sharing this info on UKAPS public)

One caveat is that some UK ISP's block IPTV Streams so a VPN is a must if you want your streams available all the time, I use a VPN company that offers deals via third parties for £40 lifetime subscription! Again, I have been using this VPN company for around 6-7 years!

I got rid of Sky last February! I was paying £50 a month for what is essentially junk.

I don't even watch TV so there was definitely no point.

I don't miss it at all.

We did the same about 3 years ago - killed the £65 a month Sky subscription, and now watch everything via apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer etc). Even the wife manages to get her Home and Away fix (Yeah, I know! :rolleyes:) via the MyFive app. The writing has got to be on the wall for Sky in the new digital streaming age!

and now watch everything via apps (Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer etc).
I haven't wacthed live TV for over 10 years (only for sporting events if that), use catch up services or download the stuff I want to watch when I want to watch it ;)

Hold me in your arms, don't let me goooo. I want to staaay forever.

Closer each day,
Home and Awaaay.

1659281251608.jpeg

Back