• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI dosing V Off the shelf fertz

Gang@Ukaps

Has their ever been a poll in what people use - Off the shelf fertz or E.I and also poeple opinions what they think is the best to use inc. reasons why.

To the polling booths.

Regards
Paul.

I'd say most are using EI method DIY ferts thats what I use personally.

For trace I use Tropica plant nutrition although I'm sure the DIY stuff is fine as well.

All the moneybags are probably full ADA range etc 8) :lol: more of a ghetto scaper myself :D

Currently dosing TPN+ but switching to DIY ferts once the current bottle is empty due to costs and to allow me to make up a solution for autodosing.

I use the salts from AE. I bought them over two years ago and haven`t used up half of them yet.

Dave.

KN03 and KP04 dry salts mixed with water and Tropica PN for trace - I found the powdered trace clouded my water which is down to different chelators being used in the powders vs the Tropica PN bottle.

nry said:
KN03 and KP04 dry salts mixed with water and Tropica PN for trace - I found the powdered trace clouded my water which is down to different chelators being used in the powders vs the Tropica PN bottle.

I use the same, for the same reasons

edit: :D oops, actually use dry salts straight into tank :)

chris

Hi all,i used to use dry powders but i now use tpn+,easy carbo,and tpn,and get this dosage,
tpn+ 7mls 5 days,15mls easy carbo 5 days,tpn 10mls 5 days,6th day rest,7th water change and start again,i realise its costly but it suits me, regards john.

I now use full EI dosing with AE dry powders including their trace mix. Have only experienced clouding from the trace mix when I have added flourish excel at the same time, it goes in 24hrs and doesn't seem to effect the fish though.

Back