• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what species plant is this ?

.jaap.

Seedling
Can anyone tell me the name of this plant ? Probably Pogostemon but what species ?

Pogostemon_van_toon.jpg

Thanks for the name ! All this sp. narrow sp. green and sp. broadleaf 'from pantanal' stuff is really confusing me :)

Maybe you or anyone else can help me out with the following plants also:

sp_3of22.jpg

sp_4of22.jpg

sp_6of22.jpg

sp_7of22.jpg

sp_11of22.jpg

sp_19of22.jpg

wow that's some nice plant you got there. After seeing one of the picture that you posted there I'm pretty sure the first one is not pogostemon stellatus narrow leaves. The 3rd one in the picture looks more like it. I've got the plant in the first picture as well and I'm struggling to label it. It looks as if it could be limnophila aromatica but the internodes are too long and leggy and the leaves are not red enough to qualify for it. But the scent of the plant when you crushed the stem is quite distinctive and this is the only reason why I think it might be the rice paddy herb aka limniphila aromatica. The second picture down the line have very similar leaves to the one in the first but with much more leaves per whorl and the leaves shapes, internode and colour seemed to fit limnophila aromatica well. Provided that they are all grown in the same tank, I would say the second one is limnophila aromatica and the first one is pogostemon yatabeanus. the one fifth down the line looks a lot like ludwigia cuba. I could be wrong on all these... Don't take my word for it. Just my 2 cent.

Back