• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish choice assistance, please.

Myrtle

Hi, I'm playing with a smallish, shallow tank,60x20x20, which holds a measly 25l minus decor. However, I'm wondering if the length might make it suitable for some nano schooling fish?
I've got the opportunity to rescape after it developed a leak, so thought it was a good chance to create a perfect habitat for something specific.
The only constraints are that they must be happy with tannins as it's filtered through a drip wall and preferably be happy with rain water! I can adjust the flow from next to nothing to adding a separate filter.
I'm happy to keep it as a little plant only set up but if there's anything out there who would thrive in this environment, you lot will know!

I always seem to have to beat the same old drum, but I wouldn’t keep any fish in a 25 litre tank. I appreciate the tank is fairly long, but it’s still narrow and shallow. It would make a nice tank for an emersed setup, but not for fish.

Last edited:
I always seem to have to beat the same old drum, but I wouldn’t keep any fish in a 25 litre tank. I appreciate the tank is fairly long, but it’s sky’s narrow and shallow. It would make a nice tank for an emersed setup, but not for fish.
That's what I was unsure about, most times when folk talk about 25l tanks, they're tall or cubes so I wasn't sure if the added swimming length might make it suitable for something I hadn't considered :)

Back