• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

12gal soft water

Too much neglect😅
Tank got its first water change in a month or two.
FF2688DA-4B41-4A93-8349-A671C4A70948.jpeg

The tank got dosed with a 1/8 tsp of miracle gro which is about ~10ppm no3 equivalent. A splash of potassium and half tsp of remineralising salts. Plants should be good for the next few weeks😃

Really enjoying the hands off Low tech way. I had all that starting diatoms and hair algae that is normally associated with a new tank. But that cleared quickly as the plants took hold.

Tank has been really demand free recently.

EED3C5B4-13C8-4508-88A4-4CE1DB35D3F2.jpeg

Enjoying it so much, I haven’t even stocked it yet!

ACA80D0E-5574-44F0-9320-DF5597DFFDE2.jpeg

Buce filling in well!

5555D0E4-2C7F-4CDF-8346-85FB2C8A1FE9.jpeg

Lily, frogbit and red root floater lookin pretty.

A lovely no nonsense tank🙂

Due to how little actual sand space there is in the tank, I have reconsidered the habrosus corys, I am now planning Otos, maybe even some of the rarer ones? The tank is plenty mature by now with biofilm and leaf litter, and I might even pick up some repashy soilent green.

Still planning on getting the tangerine tigers in first

Then middle of the tank a school if rasbora, still really love the Sundadanio axelrodi but also consideirng neon greens, and maybe even CPD just a small shoal.

Then )(MAYBE)(. Some of the clown killis if the tank looks like there’s enough space.

Anyway I’ll be doing a big water change soon to reset the column and get the tank ready for stock. And monitor TDS closely to make sure there are no unexpected “nasties” in the tank.

Finally got it stocked. Neon greens and a nice school of Otos.. really wanted the zebras… but I just don’t have 100 quid to spend on some otocinclus haha. I really love how cute otocinclus are. I hope these do well for me.

4158CC52-AFF2-4E82-9C83-800F542385F6.jpeg

70EB070F-AFED-4D0B-9BC5-3914A90837EB.jpeg

First day so they’re a bit washed out and skittish. But they’re really active little fish. Tank has been hacked back so that’s why it looks a little bare.

Also saw some really cute chocolate gourami… almost bought them for the 60p. I might… just… maybe next time😅

Peaked into the tank and this made me think of you @MichaelJ
Pretty flower from my frogbit
... flowering FrogBit... Very nice! It is really a spidery offering as Darrel/@dw1305 calls it.

Those FrogBit looks a bit different from mine though - I really want mine to flower as well :)

Btw. that low tech tank looks absolutely crazy nice 👍

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Back