• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIY tank ideas !!

Peter mura

Hello, this is my first post however I would want to show off some of my bucephalandras and a diy tank I made. I started just about 2 years ago, and I am running out of ideas of what to make to store them in. This is a little project I did during lockdown but I haven't had a lot of time to make anything else. Looking forward to seeing your guys' DIY tanks 😄😄
Screenshot_20220514-115005_Gallery.jpg

Absolutely amazing. Can you tell us how you made the dripwall tank? is that fake rock or crushed rock attached to some kind of foam?
Hello, sorry for the late reply,
I used extended foam and covered it with black silicone safe for aquatic use I also added some crushed lava rock to stick on sections of the dripwall.
I followed a few YouTube tutorials and just used everything I saw and made it into my own!

I used extended foam and covered it with black silicone safe for aquatic use I also added some crushed lava rock to stick on sections of the dripwall.
I followed a few YouTube tutorials and just used everything I saw and made it into my own!

Attachments

• 20220330_144338.jpg
    20220330_144338.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

Attachments

• 20220325_135213.jpg
    20220325_135213.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20220330_144338.jpg
    20220330_144338.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Is that moss what they call "bucephalandra moss"? if so how do you find it does emersed? I have a tiny, tiny piece about the size of a 5p coin that looks like this which I've been trying to grow out for months and I recently switched it to emersed growth hoping to speed things up but it seems to be adapting really slowly if at all. Maybe one of the rare mosses that actually does better submerged? but I'm holding out hope that once it adapts things might speed up a bit otherwise it's going to be about another 2 years before I have a useable amount.

Back