• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pointers for a CPO-only crayfish tank

azawaza

I've space for a (final) 45 to 60cm nano tank. Thinking of a minimal plant and rocks setup. Are there anything I should take note? Also wondering what sort of biome these creatures come from? Muddy rivers? Will try to mimic their biotope if possible.

A biotope tank is definitely possible, and should be fairly easy to make. Cambarellus patzcuarensis is endemic to Lake Pátzcuaro which is a Ramsar site meaning that there is actually some info available. The only biotope aquarium I could find from the area though was this one, with Ambystoma dumerilii (another threatened endemic), so a dark muddy substrate is probably a good start. Although the shoreline vegetation is mentioned as sedges, bulrushes, and cattails, so something like this would probably be quite accurate too (aquarium by Bartłomiej Paśnik from "Biotope Aquarium"):
Flooded_area_on_the_Krężniczanka_river_near_Bełżyce_Poland_1-1024x452.jpg

Back