• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shall i spend the £10 extra and get oli knott "fine" substra

AdAndrews

Im just wondering what the benefits would be for getting the fine version of oli knotts nature soil, rather than the normal stuff, i guess it would fit the tank getter as it is a nano, and maybe hold the more delicate plants such as H.C in better, shall i spend the £10 extra and get fine, or are the benefits minimal?

thanks

I tend to buy the ADA powder Amazonia rather than the regular because I find it so easy to plant in, plus I prefer the look. It is a lot of extra money, but worth it IMO.

Dave.

Depends on the size of the tank... I'd be tempted to spend the extra for anything smaller than a 60cm tank as it'll match the scale a bit better, but otherwise its not really needed. HC, etc. will grow fine in either versions, and once its covered the size wont mater as it wont be seen :)

I'm finding with the "normal" grain size of NS that the HC is doing just as good as it did in my MA scape with a powder type substrate.

is aesthetics really IMO.

oli knott substrate is a brilliant choice BTW ;)

I purchased Fine for my 60 liter tank and I LOVE IT!! grain sizes are perfect, colour is great and it simply looks stunning, and the water never been so clear, so from my experience I would recommend spending the extra tenner.
The only ever ADA I tried was Amazonia II so I can't comment on how good the other stuff is, but all the top scapers use it so it can't be bad haha but if I were to rescape my Rio today I would use Naturesoil for sure.

the tank is a 40cm, so small.. i decided to go oli knott rather than AS becuase i cant be bothered with all the faffing around with ammonia, i want it to be sorted straight away and id rather save up and spend the extra if i have to.. so rather than "scale" it doesnt matter?

Back