• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whats wrong with my co2 setup

What you recommend,
As I said above. Calcium Sulphate (CaSO4) or Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) and Magnesium Sulphate (MgSO4). You need both Ca and Mg when remineralizing. You decide on your targets and then you can use Rotala Butterfly calculator to calculate how much you need for the volume of water you are changing. Those compounds are exactly what's inside S. Equilibrium except you are also paying Seachem a hefty margin when buying Equilibrium. As for where to buy them I am sure those can be easily sources in the Netherlands. Both these compounds are very cheap and used extensively in many industries. Try online.

Temp is set to 21 degree C
At this temperature you should have a good CO2 dissolution so the temperature is not your issue. We can move this out of the way.

Last edited:
Ok my spouse freaked out that aquarium looks like bubble bath, co2 was litterally foaming on top of water.
So its totally not willing to dissolve. What could cause it?

Back