• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would i benefit from c02 on a 35litre?

AdAndrews

I planned to use easycarbo on my 35litre, but wonder if i should just put my hand in my pocket and get a pressurised set-up? is it a bit too much for a 35litre? would i benefit?

thanks

i've used co2 on a 35L...actually i would never been seen without co2 in any tank i undertake. for me, it gives me stability.

ok.. so whats the things i will need? i dont want to spend loads of money if i dont have to, but at the same time as with the substrate dont want to make my life harder..?

thanks

When I set up 20l, I used Excel and got good results. I then switched to pressurised, and prefer it, because it's more stable, gives even better results and a 600g bottle lasts about 3/4 months! So possibly works out cheaper than Excel anyway, not sure. I do have a solenoid on it though.

AdAndrews said:
ok.. so whats the things i will need?

regulator, hose, non return valve and a diffuser.....oooo and a 500g bottle/ FE.

The JBL regs are brilliant and come with a solenoid which i use. VERY precise control. i've used 3 types and these are the best IMO :D

ok, i have brought a lunapet reg, and solenoid, drop checker, bubble counter, diffusers, so will need the bottle of c02 now, saintly, you mentioned 500g, is that just as easy to get re-filled, if i can fit a 2kg in the cabinet i would rather do that, how long do you think either one will last on a 35litre?

thanks

AdAndrews said:
is that just as easy to get re-filled, if i can fit a 2kg in the cabinet i would rather do that

some MA stores refill co2. now the deal is with what should be all of them is......whatever size bottle you take, it will cost the same to refill.

500g bottle cost £15

2 KG costs £15

so get the "kg bottle

on a 35l even a 500g bottle will last an age even run 24/7. :D

i'd always have to bootles though, when 1 runs out you can switch instantly without waiting 4 days for a refill

well e will have a solenoid so it will only run for when the lights are on, so about 8 hours a day.. approximately how long will the 500g last? are we talking months?

thanks mate

possibly with a solenoid. depends on the injection rate. if your using Nature soil....i think im right when i say the lower KH science stuff etc would mean less co2 to get the desired 30PPM

Machine Mart do 600g (same size as 500g bottles) for £9.76 or £8.49 if you get them on a vat free day - one lasts about 3/4 months on my 20l! I'm not sure if your regulator will fit it though, I think the thread is different on refillable/non-refillable bottles. Maybe someone else knows?

Back