• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Garden standing around…

even though the hardscape is quite aggressive, the way you've planted it should turn it into a nice calming scape to view,
I know I have replied to this already, but I’ve just lost two hours with a couple of drinks listening to Van Morrison watching this tank.
I haven’t found myself so engaged in viewing a tank in a long time, it’s calming indeed.
NA💚

That's what it's all about @Ady34, sometimes the simpler it is, the more it engages you (in life as well!)

NA will always have a place in aquascaping, while other styles will come and go

That's awesome Ady, NA style is where it's at. It really is a piece of nature in doors.
It makes me happy 💚
That's what it's all about @Ady34, sometimes the simpler it is, the more it engages you (in life as well!)

NA will always have a place in aquascaping, while other styles will come and go
Yep, I totally agree, timeless classic.
I’m so grateful to have came across your sale post. I really enjoy the whole system 🙏🏻

C3B688F4-0DA7-4130-B878-AF6C3FFCF3FA.jpeg

I had a lightground made to fit, I tried it on however in real life it clashed with the whole feel so I have taken it off….
378FC685-6FE4-4755-8F5E-46891EF15877.jpeg

I’m really enjoying the interactions within this scape, the jellybean tetra are awesome little fish, but I have always felt the scape needed something else…a statement fish… I visited my local aquascaping store @Horizon Aquatics over the weekend and fell in love with the understated but characterful Chocolate gourami. I have increased the temperature in the tank to suit and hope it doesn’t have a negative impact on the system, but I just had to add them. They are the perfect addition 😍
5B6606D1-6179-408A-AF68-166773B0F4DA.jpeg

my little parotocinclus haroldoi are looking great in here now too…
630B887A-C7DD-44FA-AFFF-D1C20E588FBD.jpeg

33818B13-8518-4B31-B113-EB4808F0B89A.jpeg

The photoperiod is 6 hours and 15 minutes (slowly increasing) i dose Ada brighty k and green brighty mineral daily. Co2 is on 2hrs before the photoperiod for a green dc for lights on.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Last edited:
Wow I have to say @Ady34 that is one of the most natural nature scapes I have ever seen, really does look like something straight out of Nature aquarium world book. Well done mate 👏

Love the open space and overall look of the whole system . I am going to need another fresh water setup 😅

Hi,
It’s been a while and just thought I’d share this little video of the scape.
It’s slow and steady and very nice to live with.
Nature Aquarium 💚

Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi,
It’s been a while and just thought I’d share this little video of the scape.
It’s slow and steady and very nice to live with.
Nature Aquarium 💚

Cheerio,
Ady.

That’s beautiful @Ady34 - very nicely done, it looks like one of the Pro ADA gallery tanks!

Nicely filmed as well, what did you use?

Last edited:
This tank is just incredible. Love the Chili Rasbora in that sea of green, look really impactful. Bet you lose hours in front of that!

So relaxing and beautiful. Thanks for sharing the video, very inspirational.
Thank you.
This is what my tanks always look like in my head before I start. Unlike you, I never quite realise the dream. This is the kind of tank you could stare at for hours on end.
Ha, it changed a little from my initial vision to be fair. I do find myself watching the tank for long periods.
That’s beautiful @Ady34 - very nicely done, it looks like one of the Pro ADA gallery tanks!

Nicely filmed as well, what did you use?
Thanks, that’s very nice of you to say, although not quite ADA gallery, I appreciate the positivity
Just filmed on my iPhone 11 by hand 🤳🙌🏻
This tank is just incredible. Love the Chili Rasbora in that sea of green, look really impactful. Bet you lose hours in front of that!
So pleased you like it, the 🌶️ rasbora do look great in here 😁 They were re-homed in here from a recent tank purchase.

Thanks for the comments,
Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi,
here’s a little maintenance timelapse video….
Maintenance was a little more involved this week, with hoses and glassware, sand siphon and trimming of the hygrophila sp. Tiger along with the regular glass panel cleaning and water change.
It was just over 2 hours condensed into 20 seconds. It was a nice chilled session listening to music and I enjoyed the process.
In amongst the video I entertained the dog and the cat came for a little drink 😀
Weekly maintenance is usually around 1hr.
Here’s the tank ready for a week of enjoyment and a link to the video underneath.
IMG_1255.jpeg

Timelapse maintenance video

Cheerio,
Ady.

Hi,
Not a huge amount changes in the tank, just trim the mosses occasionally and thin the fern leaves and cyperus leaves which is nice…..

I’ve added to the collection now and am at a stage of confirming a higher maintenance plant list for this one. Moved my fish wall art behind the tanks also.
I positioned the new tank on an angle to maximise viewing angle from my seat…

41EB7AE4-FED5-4598-A3DC-0AEE091E2EB3.jpeg

62D190E6-3932-41F9-8941-801CCC10D559.jpeg

I added a schefflera plant in the space behind the tank…

A663C726-9061-484E-BD9D-B1431ED9655A.jpeg

43F793EA-4011-46D0-BACC-0D4D55B92249.jpeg

I also got a betta from @Horizon Aquatics, he’s called Vega 💪🏻

3B82C678-0252-4297-8B05-3842882AF776.jpeg

Here’s a little update video also:

Cheerio,
Ady.

Last edited:
Very nice Ady, love how the wood is rooted in the stone. You've got a Fibonacci or golden spiral going on there, and it's really easy on the eye but still has tension.

Very nice Ady, love how the wood is rooted in the stone. You've got a Fibonacci or golden spiral going on there, and it's really easy on the eye but still has tension.
Thanks Tim, it’s planted now, hopefully it will end with a lovely backdrop of stems…..after the ‘ugly’ stages of course 🤣

5A876B50-51A9-4EC3-A8B8-B464B752BFA8.jpeg

Back