• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"my lonley heart" by saintly

Mark Evans

Expert
as the title suggests.....on the way to my local MA store this morning. there was a field full of poppies, but i felt this was a stronger picture.

2 ways of looking at this image....

poppy1.jpg

poppy2.jpg

Both have their merits mark. Difficult to choose between the two because they each say something different. :D

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Difficult to choose between the two because they each say something different. :D

cheers guys. there was the typical field shot which was full of them...

_MG_2465-01.jpg

my over contrasty style :oops:

then the single flower in the early barley fields.

Nice one. You did a superb job of not blowing out the red channel. Plenty of detail there. I really struggle with that. Don't know how you do it mate. 8)

Cheers,

Thanks Clive.

I'd like to say it was skill, but you know, i'm lucky at times. I don't actually go through the thought process of retaining detail...it just kind of happens. shooting 2 stops under works a treat for me and RAW processing is my other weapon of choice. :D my third?....the gradient tool in PS 8)

as you'll already know, and it's evident in your sunset/rise images the use of curves is a powerful tool to darken areas whilst not "blowing" other parts of the image.

I'm by no means a master of PS or RAW conversion, but i have my ways of doing stuff which work, similar to my Tanks I suppose. :D

thanks for the interest.

mark

Back