• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

bazz's 300 liter aqua one, and some other bits and bobs!

300 litres = 79 US Gallons

So 141 / 79 = 1.8wpg

Roughly.....I think. ;)

Nick16 said:
looks really good.
one thing, like my tank your foreground is missing :lol:
have you thought about some small crypts (parva?) or p.helferi or maybe even staurogyne? It will hopefully make the transition easier.

hi nick,
well. in the foreground are 2 pots of p helferi, 1 pot of e parvula, 1 pot of e tenellus and 1 pot of didiplis diandra. c parva and staurogyne, have now been put on the shortlist if any of these fail. cheers and thanx for your input, much obliged,
bazz!

dsandson said:
Hey Bazz

Looking well! I really like the arcpod's twilight look. Are you going to use that with timers?

What do you not like about the sand? Personally I like it, think you just need some more foreground plants. I understand that might be dear, as proportionally, you have lot of foreground for the size of tank.

I'd highly recomend staurogyne and crypt parva. Both are fairly easy to grow and they really complement each other.

Dave

hi dave, big thanks for the xmas moss, the world really is getting smaller.
not keen on the sand because i'm not a scaper (just got wet green fingers), the oto's gleefully cover it over with the powder whilst grummaging about eating peas, courgette, cucumber and algae discs etc ...
all the lights (and solenoid) are on separate timers, clicking on, arcpod, 2 plant tubes, daylight and colour tube in half hour intervals, and then off again in reverse order!
i'll post some (bad) photos in the very near future of the fore ground, i know the plants are hard to see but they are there. however as per previous post c parva and staurogyne are noted!
thanx once again,
bazz!

Cro said:
300 litres = 79 US Gallons

So 141 / 79 = 1.8wpg

Roughly.....I think. ;)

hi cro,
not trying to sound condescending, but i had got to that result, i just thought i had read somewhere on here that when you use t5's the equation was slightly altered, and when i want to post in the future about problems i will probably encounter, i could quote thus!
big cheers and thanx,
bazz!

quick update; 29th june!
3671681797_5f35ee4423.jpg

6th july after planting the swordplants!
3995791387_6ccf223a35.jpg

tonight 09/10/09, you can see one of the original leaves of the red special starting to turn brown behind the rummy's nose at centre bottom of the pic, this aquarium is 75cm's front to back and the leaves now touch both, aswell as the surface which is 55cm's deep in the centre after substate, not bad for 3 months growth, but alas big trim and a bit of replanting tomorrow!
3995791405_fb6e48c1b5.jpg

later,bazz!

thats looking really nice!
Its a dutch aquascape style, right? Im not too clued up on the names of the styles besides iwagumi lol :oops:

could you shed some ight on the plants you have used...

whats the red stem in the first pic? is it a type of rotala?
and what is the other lot of stems to the right of the red stuff? looks very very nice.

hi neelhound, i wouldn't really call it an aquascape of any kind as i can't aquascape to save my life, i just love aquatic plants and underwater gardening, its more of an experiment at the moment, i did plant with intention of layering upwards towards the rear and as such learnt a lot about the plant selection ive used, plus also the weird characteristics of this shape tank (flow etc). i will pull this down soon, probably at chrimbo and replace the ada africaan substate with either amazonia or ns and use this bit of bogwood;
3998255748_7f4bec060a_b.jpg

at the back with a couple of big swords growing from out the bottom, stems up either side and low growing plants all around the center hopefully creating some kind of arena.
sorry for harping on, you know how it is with aquatic plants!
cheers!

hi nick,
i think the red plant you must be talking about is 'myriophyllum mattogrossense' or 'red myriophyllum'' and next to that is the mighty 'pogostamon stellata'
3997540421_de8673405e.jpg

the myrio was only ever temporary (fast growing stems etc) but stellata is one of my favourite plants, but had to go when the whorls reached around 150mm each, grew up the back and across the top of tank blocking out the light to the rest of the aquarium. i now have a few stems of 'limnophila aromatica' buried in there somewhere maturing ready for a rescape, to use instead, apparently it is not quite so rampant!
cheers and thanx,
bazz!

there's nothing a decent new camera, a tripod and a good few lessons in photography wouldn't improve, but i thought i would post this pic of my royal whiptail (love that fish), an otto and inquisitive angel!
4005490392_09e7ea1b40.jpg

cheers!

Back