• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's"henge the revenge the 3rd and final installment"

Re: saintly's MA potentialy low light IWAGUMI

JamesM said:
Schhhhhweeeeeeeeeet! 8)

;) thanks matey.

Jur4ik said:
would you say there is a minimum height needed for any stem plants?

for this scape? or in general?

HM would work a treat in this set up. but i really want to stay away from stems....a lot less hassle for me. if this were in my house I'd throw the works at it, but it's not viable. now the shop has 2 layouts i want to RE-try at home :lol:

TDI-line said:
Hmmm.. Nice. :D :D

fingers crossed Dan.

I'm really racking my head as to what to plant without taking too much away from the hardscape.

i'm sure something will develop 8)

What power heads are they please Saintly? I have bought some Sun Sun ones off eBay, and they're, well, not the best shall we say. :rolleyes:

now, after 5 minutes tweaking it's done.

i've put the 2 images for comparison. there only small adjustments. the main one is the addition of the stone to the right of the main one. also the main stone is slightly tilted. the left stone gap is diminished also.

finallayout-2.jpg

finaltweak.jpg

thanks fro looking. :D

i've just been given a kind jesture from Dan, who may have a couple of stones for me to choose from. there may be a change in the focal stone yet. :D ghold on to your knickers folks

Hi Mark

The layout looks super, but I do have a niggle about the main stone, in that it's maybe a little too vertical and unnatural looking. At the center of the tank there's a really obvious perfect vertical line that's distracting (for me, at least). This seems at odds with the remainder of the layout.

I had a similar main stone in my recent 60cm Iwagumi, in that the angle was too perpendicular, and it was pointed out to me by someone who is better than either of us with rocks and water... ;)

I'd encourage you to see what Dan has to offer, for sure. ;)

Just my £0.02. :D

i hear what your saying.i too have doubts about the main stone. your right George, theres too many lines on that stone for it to look natural.

i'm praying Dan has the answer. if not i'll wait until i've hunted the stone down!

it is surprising how so many people view something.,..i've put this up on a few forums and the replies vary so so much :D

George Farmer said:
it's maybe a little too vertical and unnatural looking.

That's what I like about it, it fits perfectly, for me. If you look at the two comparison images the second looks like it should be like that. Let's face it, Iwagumis aren't the most natural looking to start with

Jase said:
That's what I like about it, it fits perfectly, for me. If you look at the two comparison images the second looks like it should be like that. Let's face it, Iwagumis aren't the most natural looking to start with

it's about us, aquascapers as artists. what one see's as beauty someone else will see it as horrid. especialy with iwagumi in it's infancy stages (just rocks) we dont always see what the final scape will look like with plants.

in this case, the main stone is always the thing that draws my eyes for the wrong reasons. there's one too many lines.

Jase, thanks mate for the kind words. i'll see what Dan has in his collection.

i do agree with george about the main stone.

the thing is, alot of stone you buy has a flat edge and you sometimes have to use what you have. i had a stone like this in my nano and its always been bugging me and can wait to get rid of it :lol:

just that one stone could make alot of difference. hope dan has the perfect piece for you mark.

Jase said:
Let's face it, Iwagumis aren't the most natural looking to start with
That's a good point but it's kind of a defeatist attitude.

I think Mark is trying to mimic a NA-style Iwagumi (maybe I'm wrong?) where the rocks should look like they're protruding from the earth and have been there for millions of years. The vertical line we see may be seen in nature, but it's going to be rarer than seeing a more natural looking angle.

But if you like it then who am I to argue? We all have different tastes and perspectives which is all part of the fun! :D

Back