• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Measurements And Duration

Peter F

Please advise the optimun duration my CO2 should be on?
At present it is switched on and off with the lighting timer = Six hours per day.
Is there a benefit in having the CO2 on before lights on and off after lights off?

Also, I have read conflicting information regarding drop checker reagents.
My tap water KH is 2 will a drop checker filled with 4DKH water and reagent give me an
accurate reading in the tank?

Kindest Regards: Peter

hi peter k,i have my co2 come on 2hour before lights on and go off 2 hour before thay go off and it works well,i read you can do it 1 hour on and off but i have quite a big tank,as for the drop cheaker if you fill it with 4 kh solution and 2 or3 drop of reagent blue,it should work,it shouldent mater wot your tap water is..hope this helps..

naz said:
hi peter k,i have my co2 come on 2hour before lights on and go off 2 hour before thay go off and it works well,i read you can do it 1 hour on and off but i have quite a big tank,as for the drop cheaker if you fill it with 4 kh solution and 2 or3 drop of reagent blue,it should work,it shouldent mater wot your tap water is..hope this helps..

Thanks for the advice, I will add another timer for the CO2.

Regards: Peter

Back