• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light? Medium? or High?

xtrememarine

Seedling
Just in the middle stages of my 35ltr tropical aquarium with real plants. I was just wondering what would be classed as 'light', 'medium' and 'high' planted density? This is because i am changing from Tetra plantamin to Easy life easy carbo and Tropica Plant Nutrition Liquid. And there are suggestions of different levels adminstering according to the planting density.

My tank holds (technically) 3 pots of Cryotocoryne, 1 Cabomba, and large java fern on bogwood. All the plants have been trimmed/prepped and planted properally. With 11w arcadia light unit. 5 Black Phantoms, i plan to get 5 more. Just want lovely rich full plants as plants seems to be slightly struggling with lack of iron which is why im changing over to the Easy life and Tropica products. Any other tips or suggests would we greatful.

Water Peramiters are:
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nirate 1.0mg/l
PH 7.5

Thanks!

xtrememarine said:
Just want lovely rich full plants as plants seems to be slightly struggling with lack of iron which is why im changing over to the Easy life and Tropica products. Any other tips or suggests would we greatful.
Have you looked into EI? I found it hard to get my head around at first but when it clicked I realised how simple it was. I'm less than a week into EI dosing and I can see an improvement in a couple of my plants already compared to using the Flourish plant pack ferts, it's a damn site cheaper too.

i havnt looked into it, as my products are on order im gona give those a whirl and then see what happens from there. If tehres improvement then ill stick with it but if not ill look into EI while im using Tropica and Easy life easy carbo. Never really looked into it as many topics and articals and videos ive watch have been using the liquid ferts and carbon.

Hi xtrememarine
Cro said:
Have you looked into EI?
xtrememarine said:
i havnt looked into it,
Like Cro, I was a bit confused upon first reading this excellent EI tutorial, viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1211 , I had to read and re-read it until I had my eureka moment. When the penny finally dropped it was a revelation. Like yourself, I started my planted tank with the (expensive) liquid ferts and discovered this EI tutorial just as I was about to run out, so decided to give EI a try. With Clive's (the authors') patience and help answering all my queries I am now a true EI convert.
I am now well into my 3rd month of dosing EI and the results are astonishing, and on your size tank you will be paying pennies for your ferts instead of £££££'s. :D

Hi Cro
Cro said:
I'm less than a week into EI dosing and I can see an improvement in a couple of my plants already
Glad to see it's working for you too. I noticed considerable improvement after just 2-3 weeks. 3 months in and I've now got a jungle. :lol:
Cro said:
it's a damn site cheaper too.
That's gotta be the understatement of the century :lol:

Chris.

I been using liquid carbon intermediates and EI dosing for over a year now. It might take a while to understand and get used but it becomes really easy to do and can alter plant nutrients depending on their uptake. I find it may take a minute or two longer to do but the health and growth of the plants are amazing as long it is performed correctly. I would definitly nudge people over to that method of plant nutrition if they are not going high tech with pressurised CO2 unit.

Back