• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to by this filter in the UK???

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
That's a different filter all together Aaron. The Tom Aquarium Products states 80gph (approx 360 lph) flow rate. The chinese alternative (probably a Boyu) is only 200lph. I've had one of the chinese ones before, and it did an OK job, but was difficult to prime and was a bit noisey.

SteveUK said:
That's a different filter all together Aaron. The Tom Aquarium Products states 80gph (approx 360 lph) flow rate. The chinese alternative (probably a Boyu) is only 200lph. I've had one of the chinese ones before, and it did an OK job, but was difficult to prime and was a bit noisey.

They are the same design arent they?
I didnt check the shop but i assumed they might have more powerful filters in stock.

Thanks.

aaronnorth said:
They are the same design arent they?
I didnt check the shop but i assumed they might have more powerful filters in stock.
Thanks.
Has Steve said, totally different model all together, I am really after the Tom Rapids filter. Cheers

stuworrall said:
tag me in on this paulo as im also after something similar. wasnt sure about being a guinee pig for the boyu filter :)
Steve already purchased one of those and have heard from other people that they are not very good, the only alternative is the Eden 501 when AE get it back in stock.

SteveUK said:
Quite cheap, but don't know about shipping to the UK -
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=16742
Just went though their shopping cart and doesn't seem they ship to internationally, I will keep looking, maybe I will just have to order one through ebay and pay the high shipping costs or just get an Eden 501 when they are available. Cheers

Piemonster said:
How about the Tetratec ex400 as an alternative?
I am after something small enough to sit next to the tank, the EX filter are too ugly to be out of the cabinet :p

hi paulo,
i'm sure steve will pick you one up while he's over there in september :lol:
only joking.i think they use 120 volts in the USA,so might not work over here.

LondonDragon said:
SteveUK said:
Quite cheap, but don't know about shipping to the UK -
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=16742
Just went though their shopping cart and doesn't seem they ship to internationally, I will keep looking, maybe I will just have to order one through ebay and pay the high shipping costs or just get an Eden 501 when they are available. Cheers
Ive had an email off them Paulo and they do international shipping. Ive asked for a quote and if the power supply is switchable or not. will let you know when it comes back.

erm, i dont think ill be buying this $19.99 filter :lol:

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for choosing Drs. Foster and Smith. At this time we offer only FedEx International Priority delivery for shipments outside of the U.S. Additional shipping and handling charges apply to orders being shipped outside the 48 connecting states. To ship your order to United Kingdom we have compiled the following shipping options and quotes:

FedEx Priority (2-3 business days) $110.55
FedEx Economy (4-10 business days) $102.32

*Please note, these quotes do not include your merchandise total.

If we can be of additional assistance, please contact our Internet Customer Service Department at 1-800-381-7179, via email or on our Live Help link. Live Help is available 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST weekends.

The Mini Canister Filter is not interchangeable for the UK 240 Volt.

Back