• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Tubing

Cheers Simon tried the searche ngine route first but came up with half saying silicone is fine other half saying no :? .

Cheers
Dave

FYI - do some research if you decide/discover that it has to be tubing marked 'CO2' there are several places that sell tubing that is very stiff (completely the opposite of normal airline tubing which is very flexible) and can make putting it on and off tricky. Personally the softer the better as it helps with taking the diffuse off for cleaning :) JBL CO2 tubing that I've seen looks perfect but is expensive.

HTH

Sam

TMC have now released their plant range and while the majority of it is perhaps not the best they are doing 2m packs of clear silicone tubing which seems supple enough.

i can get prices tommorow :)

It depends on the pressure in the tubing to how much CO2 is lost. If all you are doing is bubbling CO2 into a ladder style diffuser or external reactor then the pressure in the tubing will be very low and therefore CO2 loss will be virtually zero. But with a ceramic disc style diffuser then the pressure is higher and you run the risk of losing some of the CO2 if you are using silicone air tubing.

If you have tubing going from the regulator to the solenoid and/or needle valve then you should be using good quality CO2 tubing as there is pressure here.

If in doubt just use some CO2 tubing. Some kinds are stiffer than others but I find placing one end in hot water softens it enough to use. If you use glassware and are scared of breaking it trying to remove the tubing then just purchase those airline connectors and put a connection in before the glassware. It's just a simple matter of disconnecting there when needed.

James

Hi all thanks for the info will be using an Aquamas external reactor from Germany so probably not much pressure but have found a local company who can supply the tubing at 27p per metre :woot: .

Of course you can post details on here. That's what UKAPS is all about.

Spread the love...

To coin a phrase: UKAPS BABY!!!

(Unless your source wants to remain anonymous of course :( )

Back