• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TLH's Tank

If it's not convenient to leave it in the tank just cut it off and plant it in a pot with compost. Keep some water in the saucer it stands in and put it somewhere it'll get some sun. Might be worth putting it in a plastic bag for a week till it hardens off.

You should get flowers from it then. Post a pic if you do!

Mark

I'm quite happy leaving it for a couple of weeks to see what happens. I can't be arsed going to the hassle of snipping and potting it. :lol: If it does flower I'll definitely take photos.

I must be doing something right. My Ech. Marbled Queen has a flower spike. I'll get some pics once the batteries have recharged. I knew it had settled in because the leaves have really gotten big over te last few weeks but I didn't expect a flower yet. Took me by surprise aswell as I didn't spot it before and it's almost out of the water already, how fast do these things grow?

I'm doubtful that the L.Aromatica is going to do anything. It just keeps growing and sending out side shoots now. I'll leave it for a while longer I think just on the off chance.

These spath things grow flippin quick don't they !!!

This is it yesterday in the one pic I got before the batteries gave out. It's not in great focus.

EchCordMQflowerspike.jpg

and this is it today roughly 24 hours later out of the water. I make that about 1.5 inches of growth, maybe a bit more. Fast.

EchCordMQflowerspike24hrs.jpg

TLH said:
These spath things grow flippin quick don't they !!!

yep! Inside one month I went from nothing to a 3 foot long shoot with 3 x 2" plantlets on it. No flowers for me, but that is because it could not get out of the water. Did loops of the tank instead. You got one of those plantlets, it is great to see the cycle continue :thumbup:

Enjoy watching it grow like :crazy: I know I did. Had to let it go though :wave: when it was touching 3 panes of glass at the same time in my 160l :woot:

Yeah it seems to have done all the growing in the last month. Before that the leaves were quite small but it had grown new ones. It'll soon be as big as I want it. Not sure what I'll do yet if it gets too big.

The other sword you gave me hasn't really done alot. I put it in the back corner by the filter intake. It doesn't seem to want to take off like the Queen. I think it'll come out to allow more room for the glandulosa to spread. I'm also pretty sure now I'm gonna remove the wood on the right side also, you can't really see any of it behind the Crypts anyway. I really need to rip some more of those up aswell as the one patch in the middle that I haven't touched yet is getting too big and unruly.

I'm so envy of your tank! I can grow limnophila aromatica just fine but I can never get it to turn red like that. :? Mine is always a light shade of green and only turn pinkish red at the bottom of the leaves.

I got the first flower out today on the Ech. Marbled Queen. Lovely white 3 petaled thing with yellow stamens. There are another 5 to go too. Unfortunately they will be the only ones I get on it though as it grew into the light fitting and before I realised the end of the spike had dried out and shrivelled up and gone brown.

Also, yesterday I noticed a very small, thin stalk coming from the internode of a leaf on my L. Aromatica. It had only a very small bud on the end then but this morning the bud had doubled in size and when I looked an hour later it had opened and has a nice little violet coloured flower. There is another one coming on too. I think I lost a couple before I noticed this as there was a couple of the stalks broken off or possibly fell off because they dried out too much, I'm not sure.

I have pics of everything but they are still on the camera. I've been taking them each day to get a bit of a timelapse effect. I'll stick some up in a day or two.

These are the first plants I've had flower ever. I'm quite chuffed. :D

Couple of days turned into a month, sorry. :lol: I've been meaning to resize these pics and put them on for a while now. I finally chopped down most of the plants yesterday and had a tidy up in preparation for some new fish at the weekend.

The original flower spike from the Ech.Cordifolius 'Marbled Queen' grew so fast it got into the light fitting before I noticed it and got shrivelled. I wasn't quite prepared for how fast this brute grows now it's settled in. I could really do with a bigger tank for it to be honest so it may go at some point.

IMG_2533copy.jpg

Not to worry though because it has put out another 3 spikes since this one although none of the others has got to flowering yet. The flowers are quite nice although short lived. You get about 6 on a plantlet but they only flower one at once.

From left to right flowers day 1, 2 and 3.

IMG_2553copy.jpg

And finally a small plantlet.

IMG_2565copy.jpg

TDI-Line's Rummies...

Picked 'em up last Saturday along with 10 Oto's. Tested for ammonia daily but not a trace detectable. Kinda surprised me as I was expecting a blip if not a spike with adding so many fish at once, added 44 fish to this tank which only had 6 in before. Fish settled in within a couple of hours of release and coloured up nicely. I had to equalise the water for a few hours as Dans Ph was quite a bit more acidic than mine. There was no colour on them at all while in the bags.

Haven't gotten a good pic of the Cory's yet as they won't stay still for long. They've spent most of the time following eachother around the tank and going up and down the glass. I would like to get a few more at some point to make it upto half a dozen or so.

IMG_2611copy.jpg

Back