• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are your other hobbies?

campers are way cool. have seen quite a few done up transporters recently and a few people in work have them.

Ive got way too many hobbies and no time to do them!

Theres the obvious planted tanks. Im secretary of Vale of Clwyd Bonsai which takes up some time and have quite a few trees although they havent been getting my full attention since I started back on the planted tanks. Also theres the photography which ive been doing since 2005 and my other main hobby is Skoda's. not everyones cup of tea but I really like them and like doing the odd non chav mod. im on my third now and on briskoda.net quite often.

current one
3254570068_3a7bd81718_o.jpg

old one
1363358338_568f9806b2.jpg

Good cars are skoda's! I'd have one any day. I'd quiet like TDI's transporter 5 too, they're all VW's at the end of the day.

We have a Skoda Octavia Tdi Elegance , its excellent, we decided to trade in our Fabia for a little bit more boot space as once my daughter's buggy was in it didn't leave very much room for anything else. We wanted to get the Octavia Laurin & Klement but we couldn't find one in our price range. We would be very hard pushed to go to a different make now. Looking forward to seeing what the 4x4 Yeti is like when it comes out.

I seem to remember him having one? Other wise I'm jealous of a fictional van. :lol:

Squash, Surfing, My Lovely Wife are my main interests. But most of my life seems to be work, diy and cleaning!!!

Since my late teens I started watching my rugby league team (Hull KR) home and away, and never missed a game in about three years. Then I moved away from home and missed a few matches before being totally exiled down South but manage to make the odd game.

Whilst moving away to Halifax, I was in search of something to fill my time with other than work. So, I joined the local rugby league referee's society and managed to progress fairly high up quickly before moving down South where the opportunities to officiate are very limited. Therefore, I've hung up my boots for the time being. I'll deffo go back to it should I move back Northwards, as fitness side apart, it was really enjoyable. So I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a sport to try and get more involved.

Here's a few photos of me in action...

A very cold and wet day as Touch Judge at Siddal, one of my earliest games I think.
n567487362_546967_3644.jpg

Me doing my first open age game in Bradford
n567487362_724444_2892.jpg

Me doing my first RFL appointed game at Bradford Bulls vs Hull KR
n567487362_841337_8549.jpg

Me doing a Halifax local derby where the first game was abandoned due to a massive brawl!
gallery12167560884844.jpg

And my only quote in a newpaper about me...
Pontefract & Castleford Express said:
Although the referee had a perfect view, he consulted a linesman who was 30 yards away before disallowing the try.

My only other real interest is parkour. Most people call it freerunning but there are differences that i wont bore you with :)
im either on the net, maintaining my tanks, faffing with my tanks, at an lfs, with my gf or doing parkour :p

HAHA. Parkour makes me laugh. it just reminds me of watching rollerbladers without the blades.
I skateboard and during winter model make. Neither of which especially well these days.

well i think skating is surfing with weels :) (only because of what you said about pk though :D)

anyone that tells me that isnt impressive is lyeing :) (not me btw)

Hmmmm....people keep telling me I've got too many hobbies/interests.
Favoutrite other pastimes include:
Flying RC aircraft and heli's
6e600a61.jpg

SPM_A0367.jpg

DSCF1721.jpg

Keeping and breeding dartfrogs
Also keep a fair few insects, spiders(creepy crawlies in general!)
DSCF1480.jpg

Scuba Diving...BSAC member for years!
Beekeeping...Helps me unwind and relax!!!!
Paragliding..not often enough!
Gardening and my allotment

Hmmm maybe they've got a point...and I've given up a few....motorbikes(temporarily!), Reef tanks, Reptiles...I'm sure theres more :arghh: :lol: The ones I still do, I've done for years though with the exception of planted tanks...Suppose I like a challenge and variety in life :D

Back