• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Safe Fish For CRS And Shrimplets

Krishs Bettas

I'm sorry if I have put this in the wrong section.
But would Celestrial Pearl Danios be one?

Krishan

If the shrimp(let) can fit into the mouth of the fish, the fish at some stage will try to eat it.
This is what happened with my Rainbows, while they were small they ignored the shrimp, once they got big enough to eat them, they just wiped them out. But I have never owned Celestrial Pearl Danios.

I have cherrys and CRS in a tank with Harlequins, neons and Emperor tetras (kerri) and have no problems. They will eat the very small shrimplets given a chance but totally ignore the teenage/adult shrimps. If I clean out the filter and chuck any shrimplets back in the open water of the tank then they will be toast, but they don't pick them off of leaves/the substrate etc. Just provide plant cover and moss and maybe a coconut cave and you'll not have problems. The only fish I have had that will actually hunt them out to eat them were dwarf cichlids :?

I keep Cherry and Crystal Red shrimp with Celestial Pearl Danios and Mosquito Rasbora and don't have a problem. That said, I've heard different reports from other people, so it seems to be luck of the draw.

Don't have experience of Shrimplets and Fish, but how about Threadfin Rainbows, i think they have some of the tiniest mouths in fish.

Gill said:
Don't have experience of Shrimplets and Fish, but how about Threadfin Rainbows, i think they have some of the tiniest mouths in fish.

hi i kept threadfins in my shrimp tank, they never gave any problems. I have many shrimp babies and they dont seem interested! Also have Corydoras Sterbi in there too.

Back