• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so whats the point in ths post?

can it be deleted please, seemingly a pointless shout for attention.

It looks like your original thread got side tracked with the tannins issue. From your pics (which are a tad small), I suspect you are experiencing brown diatoms.

The only time I get this problem is on a new tank which I haven`t used Zeolite on from the word go. The Zeolite adsorbs ammonia, and is great for keeping the ammonia levels down at the start of a tank, helping to keep any potential algae problems at bay, too.

Suspect traces of ammonia of ammonia in your tank, and think what may be causing them (immature filter etc). Fortunately, it can go with time, bit in the interim, try hitting it with a few daily 50% water changes to remove the ammonia and spores. It ids also very easy to clean off.

I hope the algae ID is correct from the small photos provided.

Nick, give Chilled a break. :thumbup: He has started this thread because the original thread was sidetracked.

Dave.

EDIT: Chilled, keep the language in order, this is a family forum.

ooooooooo i return to shout down more felons!

but why not post the new questions on the old thread to keep it in the same place. Then it makes it easier for people when they are searching for a specific topic/subject. Isnt that what the search function is for? If we all had topic titles of HELP the search function would be made redundant and those who do use it would be well and truly stuck. Trawling through hundreds of individual topics trying to find relevant info... il pass on that one!! :lol:

Has good old common sense really gone to pot? :?

Nick16 - I suggest you stop posting in chilled84 threads. If you continue to antagonise in the manner that you have been doing so you will have your posting rights withheld.

chilled84 - Rather than create new threads to bump issues from already existing threads, simply bump your original thread with a new post asking for further help. Doing some of your own research will gain you more respect too, and will likely yield more offers of advice in the longer-term.

I suggest you both read the UKAPS Forum Rules and Guidelines, as you have both broken rules in this thread already.

Further rule breaking will result in posting rights being withdrawn. You have been warned.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4672

And the Forum Netiquette thread -

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1317

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back