• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who fancies helping at FOF this year?

Graeme Edwards

Founder
Hi guys, just a quick one.

Last year, we were very lucky to have a fair few helping hands to set up the stand at the FOF. Thanks to you all, you know who you are.

So this year we are looking for the same kind of help in any one can spare some time. It's nice for the members to be part of the promotion of the hobby in any way you can.

So I'm just looking for a head count and if any one will be around Friday to help us set up?

I look forward to meeting many new faces and the usual gang as well.

I'm really looking forward to it this year.

Many thanks on behalf of the Founders, Admin and Mods.

Cheers. :thumbup:

Being fairly new to UKAPS can you explain what FOF is?

I think you mean Festival of Fish?

Where is it, whats there and is it any good? Is there beer? :lol:

If I can get down there I'm in :)

I've already let Dan know that I will have some spare equipment, like 2 EX1200's, external heater etc. I know last year we had to beg/steal/borrow equipment and fish. I might be able to bring some fish too?

Can anyone remind me of the dates for the show?

Thanks dudes....

Its not really equipment, its more the extra pairs of hands to set up cables, get water into the tanks, prep the tanks, making the stand look the shiz and blow the socks off all the other stands there.

We still need some plants for the 80cm demo tank and for the society furnished tank too ( which is a 60cm ), so if any one has any they can spare, then that would be most aprecieted ( that goes to the sponsors too :thumbup: ).

Cheers in advance.

Graeme.

what sort of time were you looking for help on the friday?i may be free and dont mind lugging buckets of water around etc.

Thanks for all the offers of help, everyone!

It really is appreciated and it's events like this that really makes UKAPS something special and already one of the most successful aquatic clubs in the UK.

It's easy for people to think that we're just a forum. Of course, this is a big part of what we are, but it's when we meet one another face to face and make new and real friendships, well that's the best thing, in my view.

Graeme, Dan and I will be discussing finer details regarding timings soon, so we'll keep you updated as soon as we can.

I would really encourage anyone that can make it to the Festival to do so. I'll even buy you a drink! :D

Cheers!

If u need any help i could probably help out on the friday!

I can't get the day off on friday, but will be around all day saturday if you need any help then. Also if you require any CNC sign writing I would be more than happy to provide this and bring it with me on saturday morning. Just let me know.

Cheers
James

ScottYalloP said:
If u need any help i could probably help out on the friday!
Nice one Scott, we'll finalize times and let you know :0)

Thanks to everyone else, it stands to be a quality weekend for all who wishes to get involved!
James Marshall said:
I can't get the day off on friday, but will be around all day saturday if you need any help then. Also if you require any CNC sign writing I would be more than happy to provide this and bring it with me on saturday morning. Just let me know.

Cheers
James
I'll PM you pal, thanks!

If anyone is seriously interested in helping to set up on the Friday (9th Oct) then we expect to be there between 5pm and 7pm, dependent on traffic and how long it take us to load up our van.

If you are interested then please PM myself, Dan or Graeme and we can exchange mobile telephone numbers to ensure you're not waiting around needlessly.

Any help at all is appreciated and the more the merrier. Many hands make light work and the sooner we're set up, the sooner we can relax at the bar! :D

On the Saturday we're usually early starters prepping to ensure everything is looking smart for the public, so come along anytime. In 2007 we got to bed about 4am on the Fri/Sat, then up again at 0630!

Cheers! :D

Themuleous said:
I'm 95% certain I'll be going down Friday night. What you guys doing for accommodation?

Was thinking along the same lines Sam. Would be great to help out a little, even if it is fetching and carrying. it all helps right.

Cheers Gordon.

Back