• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is all CO2 the same?

andyh

Can i use these on CO2 system to replace the JBL non-refillable bottle?
Is all CO2 gas the same, they are the right size connection its just says welding gas though.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/co2-gas-cylinder-600g

010131057.jpg

I've been using these bottles for about 2 years in both my large and nano tank, and they've always been fine. If you can catch Machine Mart on a VAT free day and stock up then, it works out a little cheaper. I'm not 100% sure they'll fit the reg, but I would have thought so.

There is only one size of thread for disposable cylinders, afaik, in the uk (and maybe the world) for COâ‚‚ which I think is 10mm x 1. I've not got a disposable reg to check it.

Thanks guys just wanted to check!

At £10 they half the price of the JBL one from my Maidenhead Aquatics. :thumbup:

TLH said:
There is only one size of thread for disposable cylinders, afaik, in the uk (and maybe the world) for COâ‚‚ which I think is 10mm x 1. I've not got a disposable reg to check it.

apart from the denerlle, these are a different thread.

baron von bubba said:
TLH said:
apart from the denerlle, these are a different thread.

Quite correct. Dennerle decided in their wisdom to force people who choose dennerle disposable setups to have to use their own thread. Their regulator will not work with any other cannisters.

I have used the same as in the picture before with no problems :)

The simple answer to the original question is yes all CO2 is the same. If it is different then it is not CO2 :lol:. CO2 is the chemical composition and therefore if it were any different it would not be C O2.

AC

Back