• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with another plant ID

CeeBee

I know I shouldn't go off buying random plants without knowing what they are and what they need - but it looked on it's last legs and I liked it.

I didn't think it was going to survive (I planted it at the same time as the stellata) as it went very yellow and lost a lot of it's leaves. It seems to have rallied now though and it growing well, so I need to learn something about it so I can keep it healthy.

This is the plant. If you can help, I'm love to know what it is, how big it will get, how much light it likes - that sort of thing;

3976707282_f4b66fd644.jpg

Having had a search around, I'm wondering whether it's Cardamine lyrata - any thoughts?

it is cardamine lyrata. a fine candidate for hungry ottos too. they stripped mine bare when they got hungry. they sit on the leaf and must rasp it somehow. it grew back though as this, IMO is a weed.

Thank you, both for responding.

It's starting to bolt up now, but I rather like it. If it starts getting tangled up in my other plants, it might have to go - but at the moment, I find it really pleasing to look at - very delicate. From your experience, Saintly - will it spread out as well as up? If it doesn't, it's going to need to be removed or moved anyway as I need something with a bit of spread as well as height.

I thought my SAE's might wreck it, but so far so good - they're focusing their attentions on my flame moss, which is looking very sorry for itself.

CeeBee said:
will it spread out as well as up?

i personally didn't get it this to happen, but in my 60 with 4 24 t5's i couldnt get any thing to crawl. most stuff grew up. until i swapped lights.

my guess is, that this plant has capabilities of crawling, but only under good light. this is of course a guess, but seeing it grow i reckon it's a good candidate.

Thanks for the info.

It's going to get a trim today as its starting to tangle with another plant. I'll take some off the top and keep it pruned to see if I can get it to spread out a little.

Thanks again :D

George Farmer said:
You can always prune and re-plant the cuttings too. :D

Just that one plant is starting to get unruly, George! It's a pretty little thing, but it seems to be bent on getting tangled in the p. stellata - so it might have to go (or at least get moved).

I need to start re-thinking my random approach to planting!

Back