• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Cars... Good MPG?

Superman said:
I just got the forms so the car list should be with me soon, then the serious fun starts!

EFA ;)

Enjoy!

Which model did you get to take out?

Superman said:
It was a 123d M Sport with extra body kit and all the toys inside including a steering wheel with a G-force meter!

:clap: Excellent! I've just been to read a few reviews about it - seems that its a cracking car - fingers crossed its on the list.

I don't know whether it comes with run flats (I suspect it might), but I got rid of mine and its a better ride for it. Like the 123d, mine has electronic steering - that combined with the run flats, didn't make for the most confidence inspiring drive - especially on poorly surfaced twisties! It also tram-lined terribly with them on. Run flats are pretty expensive too!

All the new BMWs come with the run-flat tyres and people say that with the M Sport suspension provides a rough ride at times.
I've still not got my list yet, but was reviewing 3 series models but I'd rather have a lower series car full with gadets then a higher series car with a tape player! Both are sensible choices and will have to see how much it'll work out the difference.

I'd think that I'd end up getting 120d or 320d.

Superman said:
All the new BMWs come with the run-flat tyres
Interesting that the M cars don't though. I was loaned a Z4M roadster when someone drove into mine - it was awesome. No run-flats, no electronic steering - shed loads of fun 8)

So, I've been thinking for this since I started this thread.

At the minute, I've still not seen the car list so haven't chosen what I want.

I'm still on a BMW, having done the sums my previous car Astra 2.0Cdti (150) Sxi [XP] gives me an idea on tax costings. I've found out that I can get the following two at the same tax level (~£175)...
123d M Sport Coupe - 204bph - 54mpg
320d SE Highline Coupe - 175bph - 58.9mpg

It all depends on the price out of the allowance, I'm 99% sure that both will be within my allowance (given a Audi S5 is as a colleague has one!), so it just depends how much of that I wish to spend. At least the cheaper car (123d) will give me some money back for the slight increase in petrol.

Does anyone have any of their friends or family with either of these? If so, what do they think?

As we don't plan to have any little ones for a while, this might be my last "fun" car before I need to factor in the family car!!

I have a Remapped Bmw 120d sport and love it! power and mpg. If I had the money I would like abit more room like on the 3 Series though. Make sure you test the M sport as alot of people complain the ride is a little to harsh. The sport version has the same springs but slightly more forgiving shocks etc I believe.

Superman said:
So, I've been thinking for this since I started this thread.

At the minute, I've still not seen the car list so haven't chosen what I want.

I'm still on a BMW, having done the sums my previous car Astra 2.0Cdti (150) Sxi [XP] gives me an idea on tax costings. I've found out that I can get the following two at the same tax level (~£175)...
123d M Sport Coupe - 204bph - 54mpg
320d SE Highline Coupe - 175bph - 58.9mpg

It all depends on the price out of the allowance, I'm 99% sure that both will be within my allowance (given a Audi S5 is as a colleague has one!), so it just depends how much of that I wish to spend. At least the cheaper car (123d) will give me some money back for the slight increase in petrol.

Does anyone have any of their friends or family with either of these? If so, what do they think?

As we don't plan to have any little ones for a while, this might be my last "fun" car before I need to factor in the family car!!
Might be worth trawling or posting on Piston Heads - they have a BMW section of the forum and there are bound to be people who drive the models you're interested in. I don't find the ride too harsh in mine (Z4 Coupe 3.0si) - but then comfort wasn't high on my agenda :)

Back