• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Just Started

phantomfisher

I have just switched on my Co2 system for the first time and wondered what would be a good bubble count to kick off with?

The plants arrived this morning by post and I have them floating in the tank. According to the instructions that came with them I should not seperate the planlets and plant for about a week!

My tank is 48"x24"x24", lighting is 4 x 54 watt T8's, ph 7.2, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 60 nitrate and no fish yet.

Also should I start to feed the plants imeadiatly and if yes what should I use?

All advice will be much appreciated.

If there aren't any fish and in tank that size, just whack the Co2 up high. And go from there. You'll find that it'll end up being out so rapid you cant count the bubbles anyway so a 'bubble rate' is pretty useless.

Are you using a crop checker with 4dKH water in it?

As for ferts - what substrate are you using? Most plants arrive it tiptop condition so shouldnt really need ferts for the first week or so, however it shouldnt cause any harm adding ferts from the off so in my book its better to be safe.

I would run the lighting at one or two tubes for the first week just to give the plants some time to establish and adapt.

Sam

I know this is going to sound silly but what is a crop checker kdh water?

My substrate is Caribsea Ecco Complete. Any thoughts on what ferts to use, something that is easy to find just to get up and running?

I will drop the lighting down to two tubes for a week.

Back