• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

peristaltic dosing pump

whitey

Seedling
Hi again.
Below is my "quick and ugly" setup of peristaltic pump for dosing micro/macro (setup is only for testing but as you know temporary solutions sometimes stays forever :) ). Peristaltic pump is from ebay ~£19 incl. postage, rest of that stuff was more less free (12V PWS found at work, some tubes), also I had to reconnect one light tube to another timer socket. I measured flow rate and its ~ 5ml/minute so its quite convenient for calculations. Outlet I stick together with filter outlet tube over the water surface. Because the gearbox (ratio 1:150) between engine and pump itself its quite noisy I have to think about some enclosure in the future.

IMG_9652s.JPG

IMG_9648s.JPG

IMG_9649s.JPG

IMG_9650s.JPG

IMG_9651s.JPG

Hi

Cheers mate. Thanks for the link and comment. My tank at the moment is only 70L so is overkill for me ;). But I hope that setup will do the job during my holidays.

Hi
So far so good. I've dug inside my IT rubbish at work, and that pictures below shows the "final product" :D

transparent glass bottle to see what is going on inside
IMG_9657_full.JPG

IMG_9659_back.JPG

pentium 4 airduct doing the job :) , pieces of foam inside to keep bottle tight
IMG_9661_up.JPG

also self adhesive skid protectors removed from old netgear switch fit nicely on the back (12v power supply as well)
IMG_9662_back.JPG

finally for those who complaining about mess and lack of space inside cabinet :)
IMG_9663_overview.JPG

Looking good. :clap:

The one comment I would make is that you should probably raise your plugs away from the floor of your cabinet, that way if something does leak you wont short out all the electronics. :thumbup:

yeah, I know about that
I'm waiting for couple of bits and pieces for my new tank, fingers crossed next month and I'll sort out that problem.
Thanks for post

Which seller did you buy the peristaltic pump from? I can't seemed to find anyone that sells it for that price you've quoted.

Sorry for the terrible delay answering. I think that was unfortunately only one chance. If you'll keep an eye on ebay sometimes guys have used pumps disassembled from old medical equipment.
Cheers

Back