• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FOF Iwagumi Challenge - POLL

Which Iwagumi do you prefer

• Option 1

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Option 3

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Option 4

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
At this years festival we had an empty tank full of gravel and and a selction of Mini Landscape Rock and tried to encourage the public to have a go at rock arranging. Here are the efforts, please vote on which one you think is the nicest....
Option 1
_MG_1913-1.jpg

Option 2
_MG_1915.jpg

Option 3
_MG_1917.jpg

Option4
_MG_1918.jpg

If only the foreground was flat on number one otherwise that would have gotten my vote.

A toss up between 2 and 4. Went with 4 but would have gone with 2 if the rocks were higher and more pronounced.

James

Number 2 by a mile, with the right planting as Steve suggests.

Dave.

4 for me,if the scape was planted correctly your eye would be draw through the middle giving a lovely sense of depth,
regards john.

2 for me, i can't image the others looking good once planted.

I like this idea of encouraging the public to take part - did many give it a go? Nice to see the different ideas people have using the same equipment too!

jimbo said:
What substrate is that?
I like option 1 myself as I really like some of the Iwagumi tanks ive seen which have a slight hill or mound effect in the substrate. Like this one by a guy called Pinheiro Manso it's amazing.
http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/a ... manso.html

His name is Felipe Oliveira :lol: The scape is called Pinheiro Manso

aaronnorth said:
jimbo said:
What substrate is that?
I like option 1 myself as I really like some of the Iwagumi tanks ive seen which have a slight hill or mound effect in the substrate. Like this one by a guy called Pinheiro Manso it's amazing.
http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/a ... manso.html

His name is Felipe Oliveira :lol: The scape is called Pinheiro Manso

doh! still it's an awesome scape whatever the guys name is.

Back