• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

another newbie question

pike

hello my 2ft moss tank has a built in 15w florecent tube t8 unit.on the tube it says classica is this a replacement? i have the light on for 8 hours and the moss as started to brown.is the light to weak? just started cco2 to try and help .i dont know the make of tank . any advice please .regards jon

What is the volume of your tank?
What do you dose?
Does your filter provide close to 10x the tank volume per hour?

At the moment my guess is lack of nutrients over lack of CO2.

hello 6oltr tank ehiem 2213 canister filter 440 lph and tropica 5ml dose daily .thanks jon

I reckon it'll turn out nicely now that you're adding CO2; are you injecting or adding liquid carbon? Hopefully you didn't do what I did when I heard that CO2 was good; I bought one of them canisters (tetra depot) that you press in the morning and 2 hours later it's diffused and it was rubbish - no help at all!

Play with your dosing upping CO2 and waiting for a couple of weeks, then up the ferts and wait for a couple of weeks, then soon you should find out how much of each you should be adding.

Search this forum to find out what people dose with similar sized tanks. You can have a look at this topic for my regime:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7734&p=85405#p85405

You'll see that I'm not completely clear of algae but I like the look of it on the rock and it doesn't trouble me anywhere else.

thank's for that, it's pressuized co2 just add a ehiem diffuser which replaces the spaybar and hope it recovers . regards jon

Back