• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thank You - Now with a few pics :-)

Neophyte

Seedling
Just wanted to thank all the peeps on here for the wealth of knowledge that exists on this forum :D

It's helped me create a planted tank where the plants are growing, pearling & need pruning, the fish are "happy" & the cherry shrimp are breeding :D

Well chuffed :clap:

I can't really say it's a tank that follows a "type", it was never meant to. All I wanted to do was make a home for an abandoned fish that looked somewhat natural with real plants. It rapidly turned into an exercise to see what plants would grow & look best. Soooo, it's kind of become a mass of various plants, with no particular order to it. In a word - mess :lol: If pushed, because I have Almond leaves in there, bogwood & most of the fish are Tetra's, I suppose a black water theme?

But hey, the fish, shrimp & snails love it, & so does the family :)

For me, it's been a great exercise in learning. It's being CO2 injected - from a fire extinguisher (monitored & controlled with a PH controller), timers for the lighting, fed once a week with ProFito, 1/3rd water change weekly & all's well.

I'd put pics up - believe me it would raise more than a smile, but all I get is the white flash reflecting back :( Need to work on that ;)

I want to sort it out & bio type it, but don't want to disturb the livestock. So, I'm trying to twist the wife's arm into letting me have a new 4 or 6 foot tank to fully aquascape & do a proper job ;)

Thanks again

Neo - a born again aquarist.

Re: Thank You

Hi Neo,
I want to sort it out & bio type it, but don't want to disturb the livestock
I know the feeling!!
I've had my tank running since 2004 but have never really got it how i would like it?
There are so many good idea's on this Forum you would think it would be easy to scape what you want "I think my problem is i don't really know what i want".
I've decided to give up Golf for a while so will have a bit more spare time to have a real good go at the tank again!!
I would also just like to echo your thanks to everyone who supplies Great tips & Information for us all to share :thumbup:

I'm no photographer but have you tried disabling your Flash?

Cheers Steve

I'm no photographer but have you tried disabling your Flash?

Yeah, tried that, but I'm on a relatively low light setup in the tank. I'm asking my daughter to pop round & have an attempt - she does photography as a hobby & has some pretty good pics of her partners Malawi tanks. Plus, I've just swapped the tube from a daylight to a PowerGlo. Since fitting that, the plants started to pearl & wow, it's much brighter than the old tube :) Fingers crossed.

"I think my problem is i don't really know what i want"

I kind of have this vision in my minds eye of a rambling scape from one end of the tank to the other, no central piece as such. What my minds eye can see, & what the Mrs can see are two totally different things - I see a new tank - she can see a new shower cubicle :lol:

Great to hear some feedback from members, any others feel free to do the same here, the more we know the better :)

Have a look at my Rio 125 Journal (link in my sig) I never rescape my tank, it just keeps evolving from one scape into the next haha its still going at the moment, just have to wait a little more before I post any photos.

Here's a few pic's I managed to get, not that good, but gives an idea :D

The mighty "Gordon" - now known to be female Moonlight Gourami & by all accounts at almost 6 year old - should be dead!

T1.jpg

Shrimp Corner - look close & you'll see a few red/pink blobs - baby Red Crystal Shrimp, also, you'll see some of the pearling :)
T2.jpg

A general overall shot - bit dark :(
T3.jpg

Back