• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30cm - Little Mountain

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
This is my latest project. Inspired by Peter Kirwan's superb Mountainscape.

f_30cmpreviewm_10d948f.jpg

A full step-by-step will be featured in the next Tropica Newsletter, followed by a live presentation at the Interzoo in Germany in May with the likes of Oliver Knott attending.

Tank - 30x20x20cm Clearseal
Light - 24w PC T5 6500K
Filter - Eden 501 external (300lph) and mini glassware (Aqua Essentials)
CO2 - Pressurized system through mini nano diffuser (Aqua Essentials)
Substrate - Tropica Plant Substrate topped with ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia Powder
Ferts - Tropica AquaCare Plant Nutrition+
Decor - Mini landscape rock (Aqua Essentials)

Plants will be HC and a brand new species from Tropica.

Fish TBD. Likely a Microrasbora sp.

Forget the hardscape I want to see this new plant!
Brilliant regardless I would suggest sloping the AS to form a arc rather than a straight line.

Thanks.

Garuf said:
I would suggest sloping the AS to form a arc rather than a straight line.

No need. You don't know the planting plan. ;)

Mark - the lighting ATM is rested on top of the tank using a reflector slighting longer than the tank. A friend is making an overtank frame to suspend it from soon.

f_previewm_3ddd635.jpg

Thanks guys.

As soon as I get together my CO2, planting will commence. I've 5 pots of HC literally overfilling their pots. They've been growing nicely in my 120cm and after about 4 weeks, have adapted to submerged form.

I've 3 pots of the new Tropica species, which is also growing well in its pots.

So the 'scape will be quite full straight after planting.

I'll probably run uber-CO2 to maximise growth, with Excel/Easycarbo to keep algae at bay. 1ml TPN+ per day.

I'll likely be changing 1/2 water daily. With all the displacement, it's only about 7 litres full.

Good thing is, the Aqua Soil has been soaking for about 3 months, so no NH3/4 spike or pH crash.

I'll stock fish once the plants are grown in fully.

Unfortunately I cannot unveil the layout until after May, after Tropica release this new plant...

Thanks again.

It's a secret because it grows into a perfect bush, doesn't need trimming and makes the entire tank algae free as well as carpeting in low light. :twisted:

I wish I knew what the plant was, I want something different for my nano :(

lovely looking rocks! I think Peter Kirwan's scape on the homepage is going to inspire lots of members / visitors to UKaps. You guys are certainly setting the standards.

Did that glassware fit the Eden 501 no problem? Could you tell us the pipe sizes? I thought the inlet was 12mm and the outlet 9mm - and the Eden 12 mm in and out - or have I got some of that wrong?

Cheers

Garuf said:
It's a secret because it grows into a perfect bush, doesn't need trimming and makes the entire tank algae free as well as carpeting in low light. :twisted:

I wish I knew what the plant was, I want something different for my nano :(

Hopefully a red covering plant. :D

Red is so last year. :lol:
It better be good or I'll be miffed at waiting for nothing.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure Tropica will be happy to see the anticipation and hope you won't be disappointed...

vauxhallmark said:
Did that glassware fit the Eden 501 no problem? Could you tell us the pipe sizes? I thought the inlet was 12mm and the outlet 9mm - and the Eden 12 mm in and out - or have I got some of that wrong?

Cheers

Hi Mark

The fittings on the Eden 501 are both 9mm and supplied with 9mm hose.

The inlet is 12mm with 9mm internal diameter so I will use a small length of clear 12mm hose to act as a connector, one end slotted around the 9mm hose, the other around the 12mm inlet.

That sounds complicated when I read it back so I'll take a photo when I get around to fitting the filter.

The filter itself is maturing in my chocolate gourami biotope, as we speak.

Back