• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted

Hi Mike,
Yeah, the dosing seems a wee bit on the low side. I'd use 4 1/2 teaspoons of KNO3 and at least 1 1/4 teaspoons of KH2PO4. I'd probably use a teaspoon of the trace.

I have no idea what this means, so you'll have to elaborate;
oswoldy said:
... the plants don't seem to be doing too well...
Are they getting algae? Are they disintegrating? Are they discolored?

Are you using a dropchecker filled with 4dkh water to get an idea of your CO2 levels?
What kind of flow do you have?

Cheers,

Well,
Brown typically means poor CO2. The dropchecker should be lime green when lights go on so if they are dark green when lights go on you'll need to either turn the gas on earlier or increase the injection rate. Be careful that you do not gas the fish. Make small adjustments and be patient.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Eheim Pro 3 2073 is rated at 1050LPH or 263 GPH(US) so you're a little below optimal flow rating of 330GPH but it should still be fine, you'll just need to up the injection rate.

Cheers,

Yes, especially if you will increase the injection rate. More CO2 drives a demand for more nutrients.

Cheers,

Back