• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Helpage would be most certainly appreciated.

Ivan

Hi folks,
ok I'm in need of replacing my tubes. i'm using an Arcadia OT luminaire (It's old style and is T8). This thing is 3 tubes staggered.
Now I've decided on the tubes I want to use for this but here is the thing. I think I may need a bit more light so I wanted to add a T5 tube. So if we use lamp specs what will I need to buy in regards of equipment to run a T5 tube?
I've looked at the ballasts and I don't have a clue as to what I'm looking at. Lighting equipment and elecricity and stuff like that is a mystery to me. :crazy:
Oh BTW the tank is a rio 400, using IE and ll that shabang. :thumbup:
Hope you can help.

Hi Ivan

I think you may have difficulty retrofitting a T5 inside your current T8 unit. I'm not sure if there's enough room to fit the ballast, unless you have it externally. You may be able to squeeze the tube and cables in but you'll need some DIY skills, especially to keep it looking tidy.

You may be better investing in a new T5 luminaire. If you're on a budget then there are some less expensive models available on eBay.

I think i may have confused you.
I don't want to add anything to the original luminaire, as in bolt anything to it etc, just have an extrat tube or two over te tank. I'd place them behind the luminaire so as not to spoil the aesthetics. But I don't understand what I'm looking at, if you get me, and 5' luminaires aren't cheap.

Right, i've just checked a diagram for an electronic balast - I wish I hadn't!
anyway, sems I've been getting some things upside down and havn't spent much time thinking...
So, a simple T5 starter should be fine.

<<shuffles back under the 'thick' rock>>

Back