• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crypts

Hi all :)

In my tank pictured below there is a gap at the back, The main plant in this tank at the moment is cryptocoryne willisii, and it grows quite compact at a height of 10-15cm with the former being the majority, Is there any other crypt that remains will grow to about 20cm? I know willisii is supposed to but in this case it hasn't :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if the amount of light over a tank may affect how tall they grow? as they do seem to be quite low and compacted towards the substrate, my tank gets quite a lot of light (56 watts of T5 for 4 hours a day over 1 125 litre rio 125)

Growth is quite fast, but i feel as though the back needs something, I may add a redder crypt such as wenditii tropica to the right of the vallis in a group to provide a focal point, but the remainder will be green, As you have probably gathered im a big fan of crypts!

I'm going to add some microsorum pteropus between the vallis and the crypts, but i just want to know whether there is a species of crypt which will get to about 20cm?

Sorry for the long winded post :oops:

Cheers, Jack :thumbup:

Tank:-
IMG_0509.jpg

Hi Jack, I agree, pondterifolia is a nice one, usually around a foot or just short of. My undulata is a curious beast.... just as I think it's finally getting going.......... back to a go slow!! Balansae is good too but may well get too big but looks lovely. Blassii is really nice, mine are around 2ft really nice red underside to the leaf too.

Crypt. Affinis grows to about 20cm, it seems to be out of fashion nowadays though as tropica dont sell it.
It has some variation in form from very dark green bullate leaf with red underside to a paler green flatter leaf, and thats in the same tank :crazy:

cheers
John

Yea, I agree, Crypt affinis is another good one, I think tropica do occasionally sell it, check out The green Machine website, I know they had some earlier in the year or Living Waters usually have it for sale too. I've bought it from them, very helpful staff and will post out too.

Cheers

Andy

Back