• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted

oswoldy

Deleted

Attachments

• DSC_9389.jpg
    DSC_9389.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Re: What plants will survive best in my tank

oswoldy said:
Hi All,
I am looking to replant my entire tank and would like to know what would survive best. I would like to plant along the entire back length of the tank with leaved plants (I know that sounds odd but I mean plants with proper leaves not like cabomba). What would you guys recommend.

Judging by the specs of your tank, I would say you could virtually any plant you wish. For a bushy, stem planted back ground, Rotala sp Green is hard to beat in terms of looks, and ease of growing. You could also consider Micranthemum umbrosum or for a touch of red/orange, consider Ludwigia arcuata. Hemianthus micranthemoides may be a bit small leafed, but would look great, too. These are a few of my personal favourites, and I am sure others will give you more ideas.

Bear in mind that, if you increase your plant mass, particularly with fast growing weeds, it might be an idea to tweek your CO2 and ferts upwards to compensate for the greater demand.

oswoldy said:
This is my tank a few months back, as you can see aquascaping is not my strong point.

Removing tacky ornaments will be a great help (sorry). There is also a lot of Manzanita wood knocking around on this site, so see if you can get hold of some. It will greatly improve the look of your hardscape. The hardscape will form the back bone of the look of your tank.

Dave.

Re: What plants will survive best in my tank

oswoldy said:
Hi All,
I would like to plant along the entire back length of the tank with leaved plants (I know that sounds odd but I mean plants with proper leaves not like cabomba). What would you guys recommend.
Many Thanks
Mike

Mike

If you want braod leafed plants have a look at the Echinodorus Family. Middle of the road for lighting, fertz and Co2

http://www.tropica.com/productcard.asp?id=073F

http://www.tropica.com/productcard.asp?id=073J

Regards
Paul

Deleted

Attachments

• DSC_0115copy.jpg
    DSC_0115copy.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back