• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Halfords Disposable Bottle Problem

mike_low3

Hi There,

I have a D&D CO2 set and my current disposable bottle has run out, so until i get another D&D bottle I thought I'd try one of the disposable CO2 bottles you can buy at halfords, trouble is everytime I try to screw it onto the regulator, the CO2 gas just escape's, no matter how tight i get the connection, the thread seems like the right size, I've seen the Halfords bottle's recommended on here before and I just wondered if anyone else has had this type of problem ?

I used too use the Halford disposables and never had any problems, I have now switched too a Fire Extinguisher lot more gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got it, I'd assumed the escape of gas was coming from the connection between the bottle and the reg, but it was coming from a lose nut for the optional high pressure gauge, tightened the nut and hey presto, no leak. Still can't understand why this worked lose, must be constant pressure ?
Cheers
Mike

Back