• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Orange shrimps

Thanks James.
Not much luck on goggle,they talk about them needing brakish water, sounds like the armano.
No one talks about actually breeding them.
I have a mix of male and females, so time will tell. i will just leave them to get on with it.
Ive done the same with my CRS, and Cherries and all continue to breed on a regular basis.

They wont breed for you im afraid..
They are easier than amanos though as you can keep them in medium strenght brackish water for there entire life cycle.
A tiny bit trickyer to keep than cherries.
we are talking about caridina cf. propaniqua?

mr. luke said:
we are talking about caridina cf. propaniqua?

I would have guessed this as well. Does anyone know if there are any orange colour neocaridina varieties?
If their are I imagine they would breed easily (as per cherries, snowballs, blue pearls).

you can get cherry shrimps that have been bred to be orange :)but ive never seen any in my time of searching

Here is a picture of the Bogwoods Shrimps, (pics not great as taken on my phone)

At MH Shirley
web.jpg

In tank next to a cherry.
web.jpg

I personally think that they are the following:

http://www.shrimpfanatics.com/search/label/Orange Shrimp

This confirms that they are Brackish Water breeders.

If you could get a macro shot of the rostrum and post it up on one of the shrimp forums then I reckon you would stand a better chance of getting a positive ID.

Failing that search for existing macro shots online and compare the rostrum to your shrimps.

I think it is great that there are enough shrimp these days that we can get confused over ID'ing them :thumbup: :lol:

Back