• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone identify this plant?

bugs

It's a plant I had several years ago. Trawling back through my information from that time I thought it might be Ludwigia arcuata; however, looking at other pics I'm no longer convinced - the leaves look much narrower on mine.

DSCN0258_edit.JPG

It looks most like didiplis diandra to me. It has all the right things happening, pink at the tip, hedge like growth, arrow straight.

Garuf said:
It looks most like didiplis diandra to me. It has all the right things happening, pink at the tip, hedge like growth, arrow straight.

I thought that too, but I'm guessing the lighting may not be enough to get it pink/red judging by the glosso growth.

I may be wrong though. Not the first time, and certainly not the last!

I'm with you on that George, apparently didiplis turns red/pink with stability rather than light so it would explain the way it's colour is changing the form seems right for it too, the leaves being tiny, I never got chance to find out just what it's needs where with ending up homeless and tank less :rolleyes: but before it went all melty on me it was a very very pretty plant.

But yeah, the only real way to find out would be to look at the stem for the leaf nodes that didiplis forms.

Back