• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting Advice for New Scape

Toadeh

Right, since my puffer died I need to redo the scape but I need some help on plants. Substrate is going to be Oliver Knott stuff (works well in my other tank) but I need some help on plants for this. I want a more jungle style since it will have puffers in again, there has to be cover for them.

The image is a basic layout, light is not massive but the tank is 49cm tall so height isn't a problem. Filter is in the back right corner. Can anyone reccomend me some plants to fill the gaps?

Plannting%20Help.png

Would help, Its a compact T5, 11w I think its rated at (the ones that bend back on themselves) so its not mega powerful. CO2 is optional, but I would be using fermentation on it since its not mega bright. Filter is a U3 interal filter

Ok, so that light is not extreme I would say :) . You can plant some crypts, microsorum, anubias, ferns, java moss, really standard low-light plants. If you'll add another 11w that will make a difference, and you can add more demanding plants as well. Hope that'll help a bit.

Back