• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Comp_Nov09: Sticks and Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Smith

Name: Steve Smith

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 10cm x 10cm x 10cm

Aquascape Name: Sticks and Stones

Hardscape/Materials used: Manzanite wood, ADA Forest sand, ADA Aquasoil Amazonia, small stones

Plants: Hydrocotyle Verticilata, Fissidens Fontanus, fissidens Splachnobryoides, Glossostigma Elatinoides

Fertilisation: 0.5ml Tropica Plant Nutrition, 0.5ml Easycarbo every two days

About the aquascape: Got all my materials ready over the last week. Finally sat down tonight to set it up. Added the Aquasoil and ADA sand before building ontop with the manzanite wood. Lighting is a 13w power compact bulb.

Total cost - £0! Plants came from other tanks. Hardscape is from other projects. Ferts from other tanks. Recycled Aquasoil and ADA sand from a previous aquascape. Light is from an old nano also :)

Initial setup pics:

Front:
Front2_Day01.jpg

Side:
Side_Day01.jpg

Full:
Full_Day01.jpg

Thank! :)

I had a fiddle about with it last night and adjusted the right front a little. I've added in another small stick of manzanite as I felt it was a bit bare and open. It was tedious trying to get it in without destroying everything else! :lol:

does the Hydrocotyle Verticilata carpet much like the marselia species?
it looks very similar in appearance.

that wood positioning is pretty awesome. (if only i could do this on a BIG scale :lol: )

Wow, nice one Steve. The Nano light looks much better that the desk lamp I'm using. Hope you can get the fissidens Splachnobryoides to grow underwater, I got it to grow well in a damp flower pot but it just died under water. How are water changes with the glosso?

That looks fantastic Steve, I can't believe i'm looking at a 1 litre tank :thumbup:

Cheers,
James

SteveUK said:
Thanks guys :) I just hope the plants don't die! The water is turning a bit murky, due to the wood leaching tanins. It's not been submersed before :rolleyes: Live and learn eh?

ive just looked at yours again, :lol: i didnt realise it was that small, way to pull off a scape man! fooled me, looks much bigger than it actually is. good luck with it, i cant wait til i get my cube :D

nice one steve,lovely sense of scale,get the water changes going every day,and bang in the co2,
regards john.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back